Friday, May 2, 2014

"What Are Your Plans For The Summer?"

What has happened to this year?? It's May now......which means 2014 is close to being half over!
It also means Mother's Day is next Sunday, graduation is coming up and the end of the school year is almost upon us. 
My nail lady asked me this afternoon.....


"What are your plans for the summer?"

Uhhhhhhhhhh....was about all I was able to say!!  OMG that also means that SUMMERTIME, my favorite time of the year, is almost here too!!


So, what are my plans for the summer????

Well, I finally thought of ONE thing!!  I am organizing our Family Reunion Picnic, which is this July.  It's my mom's side of the family.
I'm super excited for this family reunion.  I invited well over 100 people, which is all of the family still with us.  So far I think we have around 60 or so confirmed.  I know there are another, at least, 20 people who will be coming. We'll see about the rest....
My step-dad helped create an invitation, and I got them all mailed out before Easter. I tried to upload a picture of the invitation, but my computer was acting up and wouldn't complete the task....I guess I'll try again another day. (he did a really good job on the invites!)
We had a quickly planned family reunion last August.  It was planned because one of my Uncles was turning 80 & he had just found out he had cancer again and was given about 6 months (he passed away 5 months later). One of my cousins planned that event and I'm so glad she did because those of us who were able to attend got to see and spend time with him....(there is a picture of my uncle that I tried to upload--FAIL again!)
Well, as for the rest of my summer, I always have lot's of plans, but never follow through with most of them.  And then summer is over for another year.
This year I want my summer to be what I always expect it to be.... not all about work! So now that I'm aware that it's almost upon us, I'll actually start making REAL plans (ie deciding on exact days, getting tickets, etc....). 
Hopefully you will be reading about all of the things I am actually doing instead of what I hope I'm doing!!


Question:
What are your plans for the summer?
Is anyone planning anything fun & exciting?

Well, since I am not able to upload any pictures (and to think I finally uploaded pictures from my Iphone) I will end this post now.
Have a great weekend, and until next time......






No comments:

Post a Comment