Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Uh-oh, Getting Complacent


I stepped on the scale yesterday morning & I gained 1/2 lb. I know, I know....no need to get freaked out & panicked.  

But, I DO need to be mindful of where I'm at, & remember where I've been. 

Four months ago I was 25 lbs heavier (okay now technically 24.5). Since 4/7/14 I've only lost 4 lbs.  That's a week after my birthday. 

Well, I can make all of the excuses I want but the bottom line is..... I've gotten complacent, or here's a better term LAZY!! 

I worked very hard & changed up how I ate to lose that 25 lbs. It all started because in January I said I didn't want to look like an Oompa Loompa on my birthday! Yes I really said that!! Lol

I'm extremely happy and proud of myself for this accomplishment. I am happier & feel so much better. I never want to go back to the heavier weight EVER EVER EVER again!!

I've been on this roller coaster ride of weight loss & re-gain for many years & I say it each time I lose weight. But "somehow" the weight slowly creeps back........

This time I told myself it was the LAST time, I would not allow myself to let the weight sneak up on me. I said I'd be vigilant & keep on track. 

Surrounding myself with family & friends who can't control themselves with food isn't helping. Neither is working in a restaurant.....however my job is the easier of the two if you can believe it. 

Well I cannot control what other people do, but I can control what I do.  THE BUCK STOPS HERE, with me!

And it starts today!! That 1/2 lb is a pattern that I will not fall back into!  

So I've taken control of my eating today & am back on track. 

The above picture was late afternoon snack & my dinner. Don't worry that's only 1Tbsp of low fat Best Foods mayo mixed with a clove of baked garlic for that artichoke. The stuffed shells are also low cal & the Brussel sprouts were sautéed with cooking spray with only pepper & fresh lime juice. 

Exercise isn't the problem. I go to Zumba 2-3 times a week, I have a new bicycle that I love, & I walk a lot. 

Now, I'm not saying that I cannot have a special treat once in a while. But over the last 6 weeks that "occasional" treat has become an every day thing. 

Besides the 1/2 lb I need to get rid of, I still would like to lose 20 more lbs. my mom said she would like to see me lose another 30 lbs. I told her that I would like that also but I have to be realistic. Can I maintain that 30 lbs??  I don't know. 

Right now I'm sticking to 20 more lbs to lose.  If I lose that & am able to maintain maybe I'll try for that additional loss. We'll see. 

Well, that's all for now. Everyone have a great week. And, until next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment