Saturday, April 26, 2014

It's Saturday.....Everyone Smile....It's Free!!

SATURDAY SMILES


I saw this on another blog & thought it was a great idea! 
What 5 things made me smile this week??

1. My cat, Baby
2. Sunny days
3. Mom & daughter days
4. My SFGiants
5. Being busy at work

It's been a very busy week at work.  I'm still a server (only 1 job now) & usually I work about 5 hour shifts.  But this week it's been at least 7 hour shifts.....and after 3 days in a row, I am exhausted.  I still have 1 more day before my day off.  I'm definitely NOT complaining because I love it when we're busy, but I'm just ready for bed by 3 in the afternoon! lol 
If you're not, or have never been, a server you might think.. what?? But try standing/walking/almost running around a restaurant for 7+ hours & see how your feet feel....

On Monday night our Employers had an Employee Appreciation Dinner for the staff. I can't believe only 20-23 people showed up...I think there is about 60-80 employees. Most employers, especially in the food service industry, no longer do this for their employees & I thought it was a big deal.  However, I work with a lot of young people who do not appreciate things like that.  They will when they're older...... But those of us who went had a wonderful time!!

Also, I had a Mother/Daughter Day on Wednesday..... My mom & I did a little driving into the Bay Area.  We stopped in Castro Valley to check on the park facilities for the Family Reunion I'm planning this summer.  Then we visited our old Stomping Ground in Dublin (where I grew up) & spent the day checking out the town & how much it's changed since we moved away after my 7th grade.  I love nostalgia.....
We also had lunch at Cheesecake Factory in Walnut Creek.  I've eaten there a few times, but my mom had never been to that location & wanted to go.  Delicious as always. 

All of my pictures are on my Iphone and I haven't uploaded them to my computer so I don't have any picture to post. 

Well, that's the excitement this week!!
Until next time........




1 comment: