Monday, July 23, 2012

Happy Monday!

Hello my Blogger friends....

Hope everyone had a terrific weekend and that Monday is being kind.

I am off today.  My ONLY day off now.  I'm still recuperating from work.....we were soooo busy yesterday!!  I think we all worked 8 hours.  It was just non-stop. 

Don't get me wrong......I'm definitely NOT complaining just very very tired.  I fell asleep early last night and woke up at 7am this morning.  I stayed in bed til around 10:30 then decided to stop wasting the day away......

Even though it's still warm out here in California, it's very windy....as in hurricane-type winds.  I don't mind a nice breeze.....but these gale-force winds are ridiculous!!!  Major DISLIKE!!

I was able to go and see Dark Knight Rises on Saturday after work.  The theatre wasn't jam-packed but about 3/4 full.  A friend went Friday night and said there weren't that many people watching the movie. 

I LOVED the movie!!  Anyone who hasn't seen it yet needs to go.  You won't be disappointed!!!  I plan on seeing the movie again soon.  Has anyone else seen the movie??  If so, what did you think??  Did you like the ending??

As I just realized (yes, really) that this year is already more than half over.....I, yet again, have not accomplished much. So, I have decided to change that!!

First, I decided that I am finally going to see Disneyland at Christmastime.  I have relatives who live close and love Disneyland so I will be heading down there in December for a couple days and my cousin will be my guide!!  I'm soooo excited!  I haven't been to Disneyland since 2006 so it's really a long overdue trip. 

If I was smarter with my money I would head down there more often.  The airfare isn't much when you can find a deal on Southwest....and the only other thing I have to pay for is the actual pass for Disneyland.  I can stay at my Uncle and Aunts house.  A little extra cash for some spending money and I'm good to go!! 

I also planned to redo my house this year.  It is now almost the end of July and I haven't really started.  So, last week I figured was a good time to get THAT ball rolling!

I started with my closet.  I have a pretty good size closet.  It's not a walk-in but I like it!  I pulled everything out and re-organized it.  It looks sooo much better!!  And I only put back clothes and related items.  I had been using it for storage of other things.  No more!!!

I followed that up with redoing my livingroom.  At some point I will get a new TV.  The room is small and I have a big screen (52").  One of the old ones that extends out a mile (only a mild exaggeration).  I inherited it in the divorce.  I actually like the TV but it's just too big for the room.  Otherwise I wouldn't even care......

Now, my couch really does need to go!!  I do still like it, but it's seen better days and, again, it's way too big for this room!!  When I was married I lived in a good sized house...almost 2000 sqft.  Now I live in a house half it's size with most of the same furniture.  It really is time to purge.

All I was able to do was empty out the livingroom, do a major clean job of floor, ceiling and walls, then only bring back what I needed.  I still have a bunch of crap in my diningroom since I haven't really had time to sit down and get rid of stuff.  Guess it's time to get that done......

Well, that's where I'm at right now.  I need to learn better time management skills....obviously.  LOL

Time to get back to my day off.  Really, it's housework time :(   Oh well...it needs to get done and if I don't do it, it won't get done.  So, wishing everyone a great Monday and I will blog again soon!!

Until next time......


No comments:

Post a Comment