Monday, May 14, 2012

Fifty Shade of Grey

Hello my Blogger friends!

I have been a voracious reader as of late. 

My current addiction is the Fifty Shades series by E. L. James. 

I heard about the book one morning watching GMA.  They were talking about how the book was flying off the shelves.  I was half-listening as I was getting ready for work but the only thing I remember was that it was "steamy".

A few days later I was at Costco and saw the book.....only then did I realize that it was actually a trilogy!!  So I got all three books.  I was still reading another book so I didn't start it right away.

While watching another show I heard that the books were about S&M.  Hmmmmm, I don't read romance books so I knew I was going to be completely out of my element.  But, isn't it fun to sometimes get out of your comfort zone and try something new???  So, that's what I did.

I couldn't put the book down.  And, the only time I did was when I was at work, asleep, with friends or running errands/driving! 

I'm almost done with the 2nd book Fifty Shades Darker.  I'll finish up tonight.  Then it's on to the 3rd and final book. 

Like I said, this book is definitely out of my element.  But I'm always willing to try to read something new.  Even though it made me uncomfortable at times, it kept my interest and I have become invested in the characters! 

I've got a few of my co-workers now reading the books.  I'm waiting to see what they think. 

That's all for now.  Until next time....

2 comments:

  1. I finished this series last week and it was SO good! I loved Christian Grey! The books were out of my element but they were great. I'm already rereading the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the series even though it was way out of my comfort zone too!! I've already read the series TWICE!! I'm currently loaning out my books to co-workers and friends and once I get them all back I'll probably re-read them again!! :P

    ReplyDelete