Sunday, January 15, 2012

A Belated Happy New Year!!

The plan was to start the new year being a better blogger.  But, then life got in the way. I didn't feel good for most of December, but around December 18th I got sick.  Not just a little sick, but a really really bad cold which then turned into that nasty hacking cough with the phlegm, etc...... I think you get the picture.

I never called in sick to either job....but it was torturous for me as all I wanted to do was sleep sleep and sleep some more.  And, quite frankly, when I wasn't at work I was at home resting or sleeping! 

I forced myself to do any Christmas shopping I had left in one day after work.  I worked Christmas Eve and Day.  After both shifts I headed to my mom's house and she took care of me as best as she could for the couple hours I was there before heading home to sleep.  Even on New Years Eve I wasn't feeling well and headed over to my mom's after work to eat dinner and then go home to sleep.  New Years Eve I was asleep by 10:30pm.  Oh, well, I've stayed awake to welcome enough NYE's so I'm good!!

As of today I still have the cough although it's not quite as bad.  I am trying to get back on track but am still tired and taking it easy for now.  The weather here in Northern California has been crazy and it isn't helping at all!!  Is it winter or is it spring or what???  The days have been sunny and nice--usually in the 60'sF (although still cold by me) but the nights are very very cold.  I can't wait for spring/summer to get here!!

It's time to eat some dinner because I want to get to bed early as I may or may not be working tomorrow.  One of my co-workers may need tomorrow off because she thinks her kids are getting sick.  She will text me in the morning to let me know.  But, if not.....I will stay in bed all morning and then just hang out at the house!! 

Hope all is well with my fellow bloggers.  Take care.....and until next time!!!

1 comment: