Sunday, August 7, 2011

My First Cleanse

Hello Blogger friends!!  I hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend?! 

As usual I worked the entire weekend and we were fairly busy.  I was supposed to play softball today after work, but due to a continuing injury I opted out.  My right arch is swollen and I can't really bend my foot.  I know what the problem is....I need new orthiotic inserts in my work shoes for my arches.  Unfortunately I waited too long to get them and allowed the arch to get inflamed.  Not too bright, I know......I don't think I'll be doing THAT again!!  I should be back to normal for my game next Sunday.

As for everything else, I've been feeling really blah lately:  no energy, having trouble sleeping, not organized, overall kinda scattered.  Today I was actually a little bit of a Negative Nelly at work.  Usually I'm upbeat and happy at work....always with a smile on my face.  Well, that was definitely NOT me today! Although I was able to slap the smile on my face while taking care of my customers.

Anyway, I knew things were not good when a few of my co-workers asked me what was wrong because I didn't seem to be myself this morning.  I was in a funk and just couldn't shake it off for anything!! While discussing it with a co-worker she said that I should do a cleanse. 

Uh, what???!!  She asked me if I'd ever done a cleanse before.  I have never done one but have thought about it several times.  Honestly, I've been afraid to do it.  She said I would not only be cleaning out the inside of my body and ridding it of all the toxins built up....but that I would feel much better afterward. 

Hey......I hate feeling the way I do so at this point I will try anything!!!  I asked her to go over it with me.  She said I could do it one of 2 ways. 

The first way would be to drink water with fresh lemon juice, cayenne pepper and 100% pure maple syrup.  But that's ALL I can have.  I asked her for how long?  She said for however long I could do it for up to 10 days. 

Really??  I told her I didn't think that would work for me.  A few years ago when I worked in an office everyone was doing the Cabbage Soup Diet.  I decided to go along with the rest of the girls and do it too.  I didn't even last the first day!!  What happened was that I was eating whatever it was that I was supposed to be eating that first day (cabbage soup....YUCK!).  However, on my commute home (about an hour) I started getting sick.  I was sweating and shaking.  My blood sugar dropped!!!!  Anyway, I could barely drive and had to stop off at the closest McDonalds for french fries.  I was so weak I couldn't even chew them.....I just sucked on the fries until I felt okay to finish driving!!  I've never done one of those extreme diets since!!!

My second choice for a cleanse would be from a box using pills.  My co-worker said that I could go to the nutrition store, or Nugget (a local upscale grocery store that has a good health/organic dept), to get a "major cleanse".  I asked her what it was called.  She couldn't remember but to just ask someone at the shop.  I ended up at Nugget and looked over all of the different cleanses they had.  Wow....I didn't know there were sooooo many!!!!

After reading several of them.....I decided to try one called First Cleanse by ReNew Life.  It states that it's good for anyone who is cleansing for the first time.  It's a 2 week program.  I will be starting it tomorrow (my day off). 



I read the directions and I can eat real food during this program.  I can eat organic fruits and vegetables, fish, free-range or organic chicken or turkey, eggs, "well-cooked" grains: millet, buckwheat, amaranth, quinoa, spelt, teff and brown rice, pasta made with any of the previous mentioned grains, essential fatty acids: flax oil, fish oil, boraga oil, butter, raw almonds and seeds and raw almond butter.  Most of these are things I already eat regularly so basically I'm just cutting out the "bad" stuff I consume.  But......I will have to give up my beloved Starbucks.

I plan to blog about my 2 week cleansing journey.  However, I do promise NOT to get graphic with certain aspects of it.  My co-worker described some of what would happen.  I think you will get the idea without me explaining every.single.little.thing, right??!!  So, there will be no TMI.

Has anyone else ever done a cleanse??  It would help me to hear others' experiences as well as any thoughts on the subject.

Well, that's all for now.  Until next time!!


No comments:

Post a Comment