Thursday, July 28, 2011

Family Wedding

Hello my blogger friends!!  July has been quite the whirlwind for sure!  Hope everyone is well and enjoying their summer so far.

The wedding of my cousin and his fiancee has now come and gone.  It seemed like it took forever to get here and then *POOF* it was over, just like that!

I had the best time, like I always do around my relatives, and didn't want to come home.  But, unfortunately, all good things must come to an end.  And, here I am, back to reality. 

I worked like a madwoman up to the time of departure last week.  I worked the night shift last Wednesday and my flight was due to leave at 7:50 am Thursday morning.  Since it takes an hour to get to the airport....then, of course, you have to get there an hour and a half earlier.....you know I didn't sleep much the night before.  LOL

Luckily I packed most everything the week before so all I had to add was all of the last minute things.  I was exhausted and slept through the flight---all 1 1/4 hours of it :P

Didn't have to do much on Thursday except the rehearsal that night.  About half of the bridal party didn't bother to show up for the rehearsal......which ALWAYS makes for a successful time.  The highlight of the rehearsal was when my cousins son (who is 4 years old) was walking down the aisle with his video game and decided to ROLL down the aisle.  Yes, really!!!  I heard a noise and when I turned around I saw him just rolling himself down the sloping aisle.  It was really hilarious!!  We all laughed, but then worried that he might actually do it again during the ceremony.  Luckily, he didn't!!

The day of the wedding seemed to go on forever.  I had to get up super early to get my hair and makeup done. First was the makeup.  I wore false eyelashes for the VERY FIRST TIME ever!!  They felt like weights on my lids for most of the morning.  I finally got used to them by the time the wedding started at 4pm, though.  I can't believe women wear them on a daily basis as everyday makeup?!  But, I have to be honest, I kinda liked them by the end of the day and can't wait to try them out again. I don't think I have ever worn that much makeup before, either?! But the makeup actually looked really good!!  But then the girls were professional makeup artists (who also happened to be family friends) who do a lot of photo shoots in Hollywood, so we were in good hands!! 

After the makeup was applied I was passed off to one of the hairstylists.  My cousin and I picked out my hairstyle the night before.  My hair is pretty long (mid-back) and thick.  It took the stylist a couple of hours to get my hair done (with countless bobby pins).  I kept dozing off during the hair styling part....and my cousins kept waking me up.  I can fall asleep ANYWHERE!!! haha


This is what the back of my hair looked like.  It's a little different from the picture, but I thought it was good!  The best part was that my hair stayed perfect all night!!  They used some freezing spray to hold everything.  I had never heard of this stuff before but it's way better then hairspray IMO!!!  I really have no clue about anything related to hair and not much more when it comes to makeup.  But this experience has made me want to learn all about hair and makeup!!

As for the wedding....it was beautiful!!  My cousin was handsome and his bride was beautiful!!  The entire ceremony (all 1 1/2 hours of it) was in Spanish!!  Uh......I don't speak Spanish.  And, I was the only person in the bridal party who did not speak Spanish!!  So, to say I was a little lost is quite the understatement!!


After the wedding was the reception, of course.  We had the BEST time!  I got to sit with my cousins from here in Northern California.  Even though we live within a couple of hours from each other, we don't get together as often as we'd like.



me with a few of my cousins


They had GREAT music.  Alot of salsa type music (TERRIFIC band) along with the popular dance music heard on the radio (DJ).  Saw some AWESOME salsa dancing from some of the guests. Made me wanna take dance lessons!!  Like right now!!

The next day was a relaxing one where my Aunt and Uncle had a taqueria bring a taco cart and they made tacos for us: Carne Asada, fish, and shrimp.  Can I have one of each please??!!  They were SOOO good!  Then one of the relatives brought some rice that is ONLY made when there is a wedding.  You cannot make it unless someone is getting married.  I don't know what it's called, but it was very very YUMMY!!


the day after the wedding with some of the family



Unfortunately, right when the singing (aka karaoke) started, it was time for me and 2 of my cousins to head to the airport to fly home.  Yeah, we had to go back to work.  :(  The relatives who stayed a couple more days got to take a day trip to San Diego.....and then a whole day at Disneyland.  Lucky them. 

Since then, all I've done is work.  Being around my relatives made me realize even more that I am completely bored and restless with my life.  I need to shake things up soon or else I will definitely go crazy!!! lol

Well, time to get back to my SF Giants game.  Wishing everyone a great week.  Until next time.......




2 comments:

  1. awww, i love weddings. its a huge reunion with everyone in the family!

    :)
    Carrie
    http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete