Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Real Housewives of the OC, so far......

Happy Friday to everyone......and it's Friday the 13th on top of that.  Hope your day has been a good one!!

I've been trying to write a post about the Real Housewives of OC and NY for awhile now.  I thought I would be able to do it at the beginning of the week.  But, wouldn't you know......I've been sick all week!!

I just got home from work and figured I could try and write the post now before I head off to bed. 

So.....who has been watching these shows??  I am addicted.  Even when I say I'm never watching any of the Housewives shows again......I always do!! lol

So, let's start with the OC.  What do you think about the current lineup of OC housewives??



1.  Vicki Gunvalson


I've had a love-hate relationship with Vicki since the beginning. I liked Vicki the first 3 seasons (although she was overbearing with her kids right from the start) but didn't much like her on season 4 (Gretchens first season I think).  She and Tamra acted a little immature to me.

Then, last season I felt sorry for her because I think she really wanted it to be a smooth season, but Alexis was having none of it....trying to assert herself in the group.  And then there was Tamra, as the BFF, who constantly stabbed her in the back throughout the season.  The best part of the season was when she and Donn recommitted themselves in Turks & Caicos.  I really had high hopes for them.



Then we come to the current season.  I'm not loving Vicki a whole lot right now.  She has been mean & neglectful to her husband, Donn.  How many times over the years has she thrown him "under the bus"?  She keeps saying she gets more respect at work than at home.  Uh, hello.....YOU GET RESPECT BY GIVING RESPECT!!!  And, you cannot compare your employees giving you respect (you pay them!) to your family (it's a 2-way street). 

In my opinion, I think she is going through a mid-life crisis of sorts. She is a very unhappy woman.  I hope she figures things out and finds some happiness in her life.  I wish her well.  I miss the old Vicki!!!!  Cheers to "the OG of the OC," as Andy Cohen put it on WWH.......

2.  Tamra Barney



I've always liked Tamra.  She is hilarious and always the comic relief!!  The only time I didn't care for her was in season 4 with the whole Gretchen-thing and then last season when she threw Vicki under the bus over and over again!  But, when you are in an abusive relationship (and just listening to Simon talk, I believe she was) you can say & do things you would normally not do just to "keep the peace" in your household.   So, I will cut her some slack. 

This season she seems almost back to her old self, with a better mate.  What do you think of Eddie?  He's cute....I personally don't think he's gorgeous, but that's just my opinion! lol    Welcome back, Tamra, we missed you!!!!

3.  Gretchen Rossi


I've been on the fence about Gretchen since she's been on.  Honestly, I don't care about the back story with the supposed other boyfriend that got Tamra all upset.  I'm only basing my opinion on what I've seen onscreen.  Gretchen is pretty and funny, and the first season she was on she was very different from the other women:  a breath of fresh air!!

However, she seems to have become mean-spirited and negative.  Maybe the change in attitude is due to the backlash from the other housewives.....a person can only take so much, right?!  Or, this is who she really is and her true self is emerging??  I don't know.  The only thing I do know is that Gretchen isn't a "breath of fresh air" anymore!

And, really, what's with the make-up and purse lines?  C'mon....I'm with Vicki, I'm not buying a Gretchen handbag!! 

And, what about her relationship with Slade Smiley? He was throwing Jo under the bus on the last episode as he was comparing her to Gretchen.  What a jerk!!  I didn't like him when he was on with Jo (slimeball) and I like him even less now. 

4.  Alexis Bellino


I've never been a fan of Alexis.  I dislike her and her husband.  I think she is an over-indulged prima donna who isn't very smart.  And, what's with the "couture" dress line??  OMG.....get a REAL job!  I don't think those dresses are anything special.  She isn't even the designer!!!  She can't draw, design or even sew!!  She's just slapping her name on a tag with her husbands money from his invisible job. 

Also, she hasn 't acted very Christian-like since she's been on.  And, she definitely doesn't dress like one either!!  I would say out of all of the OC housewives she (along with Lynn) are my least favorite (thank goodness Lynn isn't a regular anymore).  Enough said about her......

5.  Peggy Tanou


I really like the newest OC housewife.  I think she is a good addition to the group (finally!!).  The best part is that she makes an effort to fit in with the group instead of being combative (hint hint Alexis).  What cemented my liking her was her appearance on Watch What Happens with Andy Cohen.  She was great..... hope she stays for a long long time!!

I also like that she is speaking out honestly about post partum depression.  I don't have children but all of my friends who have kids say it is real but each woman has a different level depending on their hormones.  Keep true to yourself Peggy!!!! 



I am somewhat enjoying this season.  I'm sick of the bickering between Tamra and Gretchen.  Although, honestly, I believe that this season Gretchen started it and needs to stop and move on.  I think if she hadn't done the "evil eye" hat stunt at Tamra's party, it would be a whole different season and they may even have gotten along.  But we will never know. 

Also, what's up between Alexis and Peggy?  They've been friends for a few years, but now that Peggy is on the show, Alexis seems to be a little too......jealous, is it?  First we've had to watch her try to "one-up" Peggy over and over---especially about the kids.  Now, she seems to have a problem with the fact that Peggy is fitting in very nicely (and very easily, I may add) with the other housewives.  Something that she hasn't really done....especially with Vicki. 

And, lastly, where's Jim Bellino been?  Oh, yeah, he doesn't want to hang out with the group anymore.  Really?? Don't let the door hit you on the way out, Jim!!  Unfortunately we had to see him during that ridiculous excuse of a photo shoot for "Alexis Couture". But, if he doesn't really show himself on the show anymore......I, for one, won't miss him at all!!

This Sunday night Jeana Keough and Lauri Peterson will be on Watch What Happens with Andy Cohen.  I can't wait.  I miss Lauri so much on the show.  I always liked her.  I loved Jeana until I saw her on Jackie Warners Thintervention a few monthes back.  Not as big a fan of hers anymore. 

Plus, she seems to be too nosy and know-it-all about Tamra and Simon's marriage.  A word of advice for Jeana:  There is more than one side to every story.  Stop putting your nose in their business and just be a friend. It's not your job to pass judgement about what went on.  It's between Simon and Tamra.  You really DON'T know what happened.....

I'm exhausted and have to get to bed.  I will write a different post about my thoughts on the NY Housewives tomorrow.  

Good night and wishing everyone a wonderful and safe weekend.  Until next time.......    

2 comments:

  1. I think Jim hasn't been around much because him and Peggy use to date before he married Alexis. Maybe he feels uncomfortable around them.

    I really miss Laurie. She was by far my favorite of the OC housewives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know its funny my DVR for some reason recorded a super old RHOC episode, I actually think it was the very first one.

    Vicki used to work out of her house (not that there is anything wrong with that) and now all she does is toot her own horn about how awesome and busy and successful she is. She works hard and I guess it pays off, so kudos to her but she is sooo arrogant especially with her husband.

    I think Eddie is NOT hot and actually douchey, but hey if Tamra is happy then good for her. Actually Slade is a total douche also, I guess that's what works in the OC.

    I'll stay tuned, they know how to entertain with their ridiculousness.

    ReplyDelete