Friday, May 20, 2011

A week of work and drama... and a championship!!

Happy Friday to all!!

I hope everyone has had a wonderful week!  I can't believe it's Friday already.  The time just seems to fly by.......

It's been a long and stressful week for me.  Hoping that the weekend will be a busy and profitable one for me!!  That would make me very happy.

As I've written before I have started playing co-ed softball again.  Going into the championship game last Sunday we were undefeated.  We had to play 2 games, kinda like those bracket-type championships in sports.

Anyway, the first game we won 23-3.  Yes, it wasn't even close and on top of that their pitcher had NEVER pitched before.  I felt bad for him.

The second game was much much harder for us.  It went back and forth.  Since it was the last game of the night.....there was no time limit (usually it's 1 hour or 7 innings, whichever comes first).  The game started at 8:30 pm and lasted until after 10pm!!  The other team was very very good and most if their girls hit as good as the guys.  Luckily we were the home team since in the middle of the 7th inning it was 23-28 they were winning. 

We were batting toward the bottom of our rotation.  Honestly, I didn't think we were going to be able to do it.  Our team got some good hits (and a little good luck) and came through with the win: 29-28.


Somehow I was at the top of the lineup for our team.  The other team thought I was the best girl hitter, I guess, so I ended up walking at my at bats!!!  One of the runs I scored was more than comical!!  I was on first, and the batter after me hit the ball far into the outfield.  He is also super fast.  All I remember hearing is "He's right behind you".  So, I was trying to run as fast as I could.  Then I started stumbling around the bases.  I saw that the ball was still far out field so when I got to third I just kept going and ran home and scored a run!!!  That's when I finally lost my footing and fell on my butt!!  Everyone was laughing.......including me!!  Later, our third base coach told me he was telling me to stop.....honestly, I never heard it!! Luckily I scored a run and didn't get thrown out!!! 

So, as you can see from the picture we got our championship t-shirts (no trophies).  And, because we won our division, we were moved up to the next division (uh oh).  Normally, there are a couple weeks between seasons, but we start the Summer I season this Sunday with a DOUBLE HEADER!!  I don't know if I can do that again......lol

This week has been all about work.  Lot's of ridiculous drama (par for the restaurant world course).  I heard that several night servers said they would leave due to one of the managers.  I was asked by management the other day what I thought about my schedule.  I was honest and told them I liked my schedule and wasn't planning on leaving.  I told them that I was planning on talking to them about going to all day shifts ......due ONLY to financial reasons.  Right now I work 3 days and 2 nights.  I don't know about this other drama (I hear things, but.....in one ear out the other) and don't really care.  I told them I have bills to pay and that's ALL I care about.  

They didn't say whether or not I could go to all days, so I am hopeful.  I was honest and told them that if I couldn't go to all day shifts I would probably have to find a second job and left it at that.  I really do LOVE my job and don't want to get a second one.  I know that things happen for a reason and I will stay positive and things will work out however they are supposed to.   

Because of the stress of the week, as well as a return to beautiful weather, yesterday I finally went for that run that I've been wanting to do.  Normally, I'm off on Thursday's but was asked to work for someone who called in.  It was a profitable day  (yay) but afterward, I was pretty stressed (due to all the drama and tension at work).  Since the weather was nice and warm I came home, changed my clothes and went for a run.  I was still sore from Sunday so I only ran for 2 miles, but I could feel the stress fall away with each step. 

Well, it is time for me to get ready for work.  Fingers crossed for a good, and drama-free, night!! 

Until next time.......

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome that you won your first game!! Did you watch the real housewives this week?!?!?

    ReplyDelete