Friday, April 29, 2011

The Royal Wedding

Happy Friday friends!!

So......how many of you stayed up, or got up, in the middle of the night to watch Prince William and Kate Middleton's wedding? 



Yes, I was one of those who did.  Here on the west coast that meant things started happening at 2am.  I guess it's a good thing I decided to be inactive on Thursday, because I was nice and rested to stay up all night.  I only dozed off twice for about 10 minutes each time.  Luckily it was during non-important things. 

What did everyone think??  I thought it was beautiful.  I never used to cry at weddings!! Ever! Not even at mine.  I'll be honest though---I did cry during this one.  But to be totally honest.....I cried during the wedding ceremony on Bethenny Getting Married?.  Actually, I have found that in the past couple of years I have cried during weddings---both those I've attended, or watched on TV. 

Maybe it's the fact of having been there and am now divorced.  I have a different perspective on marriage.  I'm not all misty-eyed and innocent anymore.  I know how hard marriage is and how great, as well as how bad, it can be.  It's a fine line and it all depends on whether or not you made the right choice of a mate.  I realize now that I made a bad choice for me.  He wasn't a bad guy, we just weren't suited well for each other.  

But, I digress.  Prince William and Kate look well suited for each other.  There's an ease between them that isn't always seen in couples.  And, looking back, an ease that was missing between Prince Charles and Diana. 

Now, since my divorce, I've always said I will never remarry.  And I have yet to find a guy to change my mind.  So, why the tears??  Honestly, they are tears of joy.  Now, for me, weddings are a promise of hope.  I wish all couples who enter into marriage great happiness and success!!

For this particular wedding of William and Kate, I also cried for a mother who couldn't be there to see her eldest son marry.  Yes, Diana died in 1997 and I think she would have been so proud of her son and his choice of a mate.  I'd like to think she was watching from above.....and maybe she had a little to do with the sun coming through instead of the rain that was forecast??!!




Didn't Prince William look so handsome in his uniform?  I could still see the little boy in him.  He was so cute!!!  Kate's dress was beautiful.  It did remind me of Princess Grace.  She looked incredible. 

Well, cheers to this newly married couple.  I am wishing them all of the love, happiness and success possible!!  And, long live the British monarchy!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I thought it was a really beautiful ceremony! I got up and watched!

    ReplyDelete