Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A little Tuesday catch-up

Happy Tuesday from overcast California!!

I would normally say "Sunny California" except, after a short stint of beautiful weather, it's gone back to ugly overcast, rainy, and even humid weather!  Where is my springtime??? I fear we will go from winter to summer without having a real spring.....and that is sad to me because springtime is one of the BEST times of the year.....the beginning of ALL things possible, right??!!!

As for me, I have been working and playing softball....as well as slowly doing the spring cleaning of my household.  Unfortunately, this weather is NOT very inspiring to my getting a lot done.  I have been oversleeping on the days I don't have to be at work in the morning.....and pretty much procrastinating at everything but work. 

Lately, I feel like "Debbie Downer"  all of the time and I hate that feeling.  The weather does affect me because when it was nice outside for that short period of time, I was in a great mood.  Now......I just want to hibernate.  Uggghhhhh....when will the sun shine again????????

Softball has been great.  I was nervous about playing again since it had been 5 years, but I am enjoying it and even got an RBI in this passed Sunday's game.  We are still undefeated, which is great.  But, if we win the championship, that means we will move up to the intermediate league.  I've played all 3 levels before, so I know what to expect.  I am on a good team, but not sure if they are good enough for the next level.  They think they are, but.......we shall see.

I played in my very first womens softball game last week.  I was nervous, but the team wasn't very good......it was actually a little uninspiring.  They got massacred!!!  Unfortunately, I pulled a muscle in my right quadricep and it has affected me ever since. 

Work has been slow.  I need to remember that it is slower from January through April, so that I can save my money accordingly and ride it out without stressing.  I have gone through all of the money I had saved and I am still waiting for it to pick up.  I am seriously contemplating getting a second job...for just 2 days a week.  I hate worrying about finances.  I'm just not used to having to do this.  My last server job I never had to worry about money so this is new to me.  

Also, getting a second job will be good for me to keep me a little more disciplined.  I will be honest, I have become very lazy (ie a procrastinator).  Even though I keep busy for the most part, I have a lot of downtime and keep putting things off because I know I have time "later"...which means it usually doesn't get done, or it gets done at the last minute. 

Unfortunately, I also had some extra expenses the first part of this new year, including my new computer, my car registration (including a smog check), oil/lube change on my car, a few other car expenses, etc.....so that helped deplete my savings.  And, I didn't get as much back in taxes as I normally would have because I was unemployed for most of 2010. 

I am in a wedding this summer.  Or, at least I'm supposed to be.  Unfortunately, all of the money I had saved to pay for my dress and the airfare to fly down to L.A. both for the dress fittings and wedding....are gone.  I haven't even gone down to be fitted for the dress because I don't have the money.  The wedding is in July.  If I don't figure something out ASAP, I'm going to have to drop out.  I don't want to hurt or disappoint my cousin, so......

We shall see.  I am of the belief that everything happens for a reason, even if you don't know what the reason is at the time.  So, I just need to stay positive and know that things will turnaround soon enough.  Praying for some good fortune to come my way :)

Well......that's all for now.  It's time to get ready for work.  I'm hoping for a good night.  Usually, the night shifts aren't very busy......I wish all 5 of my shifts could be morning shifts....then I wouldn't have to worry about money at all.  Yes,  the morning shifts are much better then the night shifts....more hours AND more money!!   Luckily I work 3 day shifts a week...... 

Until next time.....wishing everyone a  great Tuesday!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm hoping spring decides to show up and stay around for a little bit! Hope your muscle starts feeling better!

    ReplyDelete