Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A few of my new favorite things

Even though I haven't been blogging regularly I do actually enjoy the process.  I would like to blog daily, but I'm not always the best at budgeting my time (usually BravoTV gets in the way when I'm at home--haha).  Also, I don't always know what I want to write about (hence the rant on Monday). 

So, I will try and be a good little blogger and not just write about my daily life, especially since it really isn't that interesting!!  There are other ways to get to know someone besides their daily grind, right??!!

I love trying new things.  But with the bad economy I can't just go out and purchase every single new thing that comes out.  So, I usually do my research then pick and choose the things I think will benefit me the most.  However, sometimes curiousity gets the better of me and I have to try the thing RIGHT.THIS.MINUTE. 

The following are a few of my new favorite things:


1.  Yes, that's the Shake Weight.  I've been intrigued by it for some time but never thought to buy it.  But now that I'm playing softball again, I've found that my arm and shoulder muscles are out of shape.  I've heard from others that it works if you use it consistently so I decided to try it out.  I've had it for about 3 weeks and have been using it 3 times a week for 6 minutes at a time.  I haven't watched the enclosed cd (I"ll get around to it).  I actually do see a difference in my throwing stamina during my softball games.  I actually love it and I love the fact I can do it while watching my favorite TV shows :P




2.  Garnier Nutrisse's Skin Renew Anti-Dark Circle Eye Roller.  I was sitting at my bedroom window one day putting on my makeup and realized that my dark circles were OUT.OF.CONTROL.  At first I thought it was smudged eye liner I didn't wash off, but no such luck!!  I had seen this product a few weeks before but figured it didn't work so.......  But I looked horrible, and the concealer I was using wasn't doing anything but making it worse.  So, I headed to the drug store and picked up this item.  I came home immediately and tried this product on one eye....in the mirror at my bedroom window.  I saw the difference immediately!!  It doesn't take away the dark circles but it does make them LESS noticeable.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE this product.  I will say that a co-worker of mine tried it a week or so before me and she didn't care for the product.  She said the tint wasn't compatible on her skin.  But honestly, she wears little, if any, makeup, and she doesn't have any dark circles (lucky girl). 


3.  Garnier Nutrisse Ultra Lift Anti Wrinkle Firming Eye Cream.  I bought this item at the same time as the Anti-Dark Circle Roller.  I keep it in the refrigerator so it's nice and cool when I apply it morning and night.  Even though I have very oily skin, I was noticing that the area around my eyes were getting that "crepe"-y look due to dryness in that area, I guess.  Since I've been using this product I have noticed that the "crepe"iness is gone!!  Yay!!



4.  Last but not least is this product:  Olay Age Defying Intensive Nourishing Night Cream.  I bought it a couple of months ago and at first I kept forgetting to use it at night before bed.  Again, because I have oily skin I am reluctant to put anything on it because products usually just clog my pores and cause breakouts!  Lately, I've been trying to be more consistent in using it.  Sometimes when I forget (yes still!) to put it on at night, I have used a little in the morning.  Well, last week I got a compliment from a co-worker on how fresh my skin looked.  I'm guessing it's because of this product......because, honestly, I haven't been using anything else new except whats listed here,  or doing anything different!!

Well, these are the products I've recently started using and luckily it seems I've had success with them.  What new products are you using??  I'm always looking to try new things. 

Until next time........

No comments:

Post a Comment