Friday, November 12, 2010

Sade concert tickets and work.......

Happy Friday to all!!  I am in such a good mood today because I was able to get tickets to see:

SADE

via sade.com




She is touring in 2011 and part of the tour will stop here in Northern California.  Through Facebook I was able to buy tickets today before they went on sale to the general public on Monday November 15th.  Yippee!!  I have always been a big fan and have wanted to see her in concert but she doesn't tour that often.  I think her last tour was around 10 years ago or so!!  Anyway, the concert isn't until next August in San Jose.  I can't believe I have to wait that long....but I'm sure I'll keep busy until then!

I worked yesterday on my normal day off.  I figured I would only work a couple of hours and then have the rest of the day.  Boy was I wrong!!!!  Apparently yesterday was a holiday??!!  Veteran's Day.  I'm sure everyone knew that except a small group of people including me.  Anyway.....we were sooooo busy from the time I got to work at 8am until I finally left almost 7 hours later!!  Thank goodness the managers fully staffed the day or we would have been in real trouble!!  But it all went smoothly....both employees and customers happy!

As I was getting ready to leave my manager let me know he was going to need me to work some double shifts coming up for a while, if that was alright.  Of course that's alright!  I told him that as long as I get a little break in the middle, I'm fine!!  :)

I was planning on going to the movies yesterday.  When I was asked to work I just thought I would go after my shift.  So when I got home I got myself ready and headed over to the local theater.  Unfortunately for me everyone and their mother decided to go (again.....I forgot it was a holiday) and there wasn't a parking space to be found.  So, I ended up at Starbucks for my Eggnog Latte and then headed over to Target for a little retail therapy!  When I was done spending money I figured I had better eat since I realized I was starving and hadn't eaten all day!!  I didn't feel like waiting--by then I was getting tired--so I did the drive-thru thing at In-N-Out.  You can't go wrong with an In-N-Out burger.......

Hope everyone has had a great week and has a wonderful weekend!!!

 

3 comments:

  1. I hope you get to relax this weekend!:D

    Have a good one!:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of her! It sounds like it's going to be fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sade is from Nigeria and has been around since the 1980's. Some of her hits include: "Smooth Operator", "The Sweetest Taboo", "No Ordinary Love", and "Kiss of Life".

    ReplyDelete