Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A little work rant and some new shoes

It's Wednesday already???  Where does the time go???  Is it just me or does this year seem to be just flying by?!  It's only 6 1/2 weeks until Christmas.....is that depressing, or what?!

As usual I've just been working.  It's been crazy busy at work the past couple weeks...both the day shifts and the night shifts.  Believe me....I'm definitely not complaining.  The time flies by at work and then there's the whole money-making thing!!  :)

However......there is one thing I have to complain about.  Several co-workers have been calling in "sick", not showing up, late or leaving early.... Every. Single. Day.  Sometimes several a day!!  I'm just over these people.  I'm really tired of  having to pick up the slack of these inconsiderate employees who cannot see beyond their own wants and needs.  I have a life, too.....and if you slackers haven't noticed (of course they haven't cuz it's NOT about them) I've been sick the past week.  Unlike you, though, I suck it up, take a DayQuil, and get my butt to work.  I don't know about you.....but I have bills to pay.....and as long as I can walk, I'll be working my shift!! Thank goodness MY MOM taught me about having a good work ethic!  Maybe your mom should have done the same........

And speaking about those slackers.....because of them I am picking up yet another extra shift tomorrow (my day off).  Did I have plans?  Yes I actually did.  Does it matter?  Not really.  I mostly make tentative plans because I know things may change due to work and that's okay.  Extra. Money. For. Me.  is how I normally view these situations.  Of course, later on I will have to listen to these same people whine and complain about not having money, etc...... Who's problem is that??  Maybe you shouldn't have gone to the SFGiants World Series parade last week ( I know 1 co-worker for sure who went but told management some other story.  I heard at least 1 or 2 others may have gone too instead of working).  I wanted to go too.....but I'm a little more responsible apparently!!  But then I'm not a 20-something year old still living at home.  I'm a REAL adult!!  But then even when I was that age.....I never acted like that.  Work has always come first.  But then I had an excellent role model ;)

Sorry for the work rant......but it just needed to be said!

Today was another busy one at work.....and, as usual, we were short-staffed and then someone left early due to "personal issues".  I won't even get into what it was ...because it doesn't even matter.  So the rest of us had to work harder.  Oh, well, like I always say:

MORE. MONEY. FOR. ME.

But one of my co-workers had a birthday today so when a few of us who worked the day shift were done with our shifts we headed over to AppleBee's to celebrate.  It was nice to hang out outside of work.  We had a good time.....and, yes, I did have a drink.  One of the best things to like about AppleBee's is their Bahama Mama.  I haven't had one in soooooo long.  And it was soooooo gooooood!!  I did have some food though since I hadn't eaten since yesterday afternoon!  

On to a non-work related topic!!  As I wrote before I have been re-evaluating my life and trying to fit a personal life in there somewhere.  Kinda funny considering I always pick up any and all extra shifts asked of me, but......anywho......I am trying to reintroduce exercise into my routine.   

The muscles all over my body have been super tight lately.  So I have gone back to daily stretching and yoga exercises.  It has helped some, but I know I need to really exercise!  It is, however, getting me ready for when I am no longer sick....then I can resume a more strenuous exercise routine.  But in the meantime, I decided I needed some new athletic shoes so I went over to the NIKE outlet the other day and bought myself a pair of athletic training shoes:

Nike Womens Air Fly Strong Sister + 

I tried on all the athletic training shoes that they had....which, honestly, weren't that many.  These fit me the best. I can't wait to start using them!!

My next goal is to get a new pair of running shoes.  I will be going to my local Fleet Feet store and having them fit me into a pair.  They are awesome at F.F. and my first pair of running shoes were from there.  I will never go anywhere else.  The owner, Carol, is awesome and knows exactly what I need.  If I had gone to her last year instead of just trying to do it on my own, I probably could have saved myself all of the injuries, etc which have plagued me the past few months!!  Like I've said before.....I want to start running again sooooo badly!! I can't wait!!  


Well, it's getting late and I have to be at work in the morning.  So, happy Hump Day, Wednesday..........wishing everyone a wonderful week!! 








1 comment: