Saturday, November 6, 2010

It's time for a little life re-evaluation

It's been 3 weeks since I've posted or even been near my blog.  No excuses.....just a combination of not a lot of time, watching my SFGiants play in the post season (and WIN the 2010 WORLD SERIES) and basically needing a break.  My life hasn't been too exciting of late and I just needed to step back and re-evaluate things.  

It seems my life this year has been: (1) until August, I was unemployed so I didn't really do anything or go anywhere since there were limited funds, and (2) now that I'm gainfully employed I am working so much that I am not allowing myself any downtime.  So now here I sit totally exhausted, my body has been warning me, and has now rebelled by allowing germs to invade it and I am now sick with a cold :(

On Wednesday I worked 6am-2:30pm.  I was exhausted as I had worked the night shift on Tuesday and we were very very busy.  We were very very busy on Wednesday all day and when my shift was over I was pooped and I could barely walk.  Just as I was leaving the night manager asked what time I came in and I told him 6am.  He then asked what I was doing that night.... I replied "Uh, watching TV" (cuz you know I love my TV shows).  He asked if I could come back that night for a few hours.  Apparently 3 people called in sick--I heard a couple of them were actually at the SFGiants parade for winning the World Series.  THAT makes me mad because I have been a lifelong fan of the SFGiants and I wanted to go but I knew I had to work and I couldn't do that to my co-workers (plus, I don't like giving up my shifts because that means a loss of $$$$).  

Anyway, I said yes and he asked me to come back at 5pm.  I left and kept thinking great a little extra money.....but then I started thinking (as I'm limping to my car) how am I going to be able to work when I can barely walk???? Ran over to Starbucks for my latte then went home and changed my clothes and decided to do a little stretching and yoga.  Well, whatever I did worked because I felt a lot better and was able to walk normally again.  So, off to work I went for the PM shift.  We ended up being a little busy again (yay!!) and I was off by 8:30.  Luckily I had Thursday off so I didn't worry about it

Thursday morning I didn't get to sleep in because I was meeting a friend for coffee at 8:15am after she dropped her youngest daughter at school.  We ended up at Target and Marshall's shopping after getting our Starbucks!!  First, I overslept (right through my alarm!) and I was exhausted ALL day!!  I came home and even though I could barely think or move (don't know how in the world I drove all over town??) I put away all of my Halloween decorations.  I guess I could have left them for another day......but I just couldn't stand looking at them anymore.  Then I realized that I was sick and had a sore throat.  I wanted to do some housework and go to the movies, but I just couldn't do it.  And so I took a nap.....which I never do but I realized I just had to!!

Today I felt the full on effects of a cold :(  I took all of my vitamins and drank a lot of water.  Thursday night I was asleep by about midnight and I slept in until 10:30-11am on Friday morning (that's blasphemous!!! But had to be done).  I could barely get around and was afraid I wasn't going to be able to work so I (thank goodness) found some DayQuil and it kicked in right before I left for work.  Luckily it wasn't that busy tonight and I was home by 9:30.  But I do have to be at work in the morning tomorrow so I had better get to bed or it's gonna be a looong day for me!  I'm thinking some wonton soup from my local Chinese restaurant is in order tomorrow after work.  They have the BEST wonton soup I've ever had!!

So, like I said at the beginning of this post I have been trying to re-evaluate my life and give myself permission to have a life outside of work.  It's been all work and not much play and Tina is a very dull lady at this time.  I spent some time looking up concerts, shows, movies, events, etc.  I also have my cousins wedding next summer that I have to get ready for (and hopefully lose some weight to wear a strapless dress--YIKES!!).  There is so much to do that I have to write things down and plan them out.  I found a few concerts I want to attend and there are a couple of trips I want to plan (short ones to Southern California to see my relatives and a quick one to one of my most fave places:  Las Vegas, NV).  

Well, that's all for now.  I will be back soon with more regular posts and get caught up on everyone else's posts as soon as I can.   Hopefully, I will have made some plans to have a life outside of work.  Why is it so difficult for me to to do that??  And, why do I feel so guilty about it??  I think because of the uncertainty of the economy the past couple of years I never want to be unemployed again and have to worry about money.  I'm trying to be a good girl and save as much money as I can, but at the expense of my life?? Or my happiness???  Somehow I don't think it's worth it.  Let's hope I can figure it out.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!  


Until next time.........wishing everyone a wonderful weekend!! 




 

1 comment: