Thursday, October 14, 2010

Tired and Uninspired

Happy Thursday everyone!!  Wait a minute......it's Thursday already??  Where has the week gone?  Again, I've failed in my plan to blog more regularly.  But this time it's not really a lack of time but rather a lack of inspiration.  Right now I'm just working and sleeping......and that's not too exciting to write about!! 

And it's fun to do the blog hops and links, but...........

So, here I sit at my computer trying to think about what to write about---and my mind is completely blank.  Sad but true :(


Today was a much needed day off.  This morning I met a friend at Starbucks for a little catch up session.  It was very early....8:15am (early for me on a day off anyway!).  We visited for about 3 1/2 hours before she had to pick up her youngest from school.  The rest of the day was spent running errands, paying bills, food shopping and decorating.  Exciting, right?!  I came home and finally (almost) finished putting up all of my Halloween decorations.  Usually I decorate at the very beginning of the month but, again, I was totally uninspired this year and decided I wasn't going to decorate at all.  Then I was reading another blog last week and she had posted pictures of her Halloween decorations, so that inspired me.  

On top of that I was told we can dress up at work--as long as the costume isn't too revealing (i.e. not too slutty/sleazy).  So, off I went to the Halloween shops around town looking for something to wear....who doesn't like to dress up??!!  Well, honestly, all I could find were inappropriate for work costumes!! :(  Since Halloween falls on a Sunday, I always work the early morning shift which is always non-stop busy until about 3pm.  So I need a costume without any hear gear (wigs, hats, ears, etc), not too long but not too short, must have sleeves but nothing too long or droopy,  nothing too heavy so I don't overheat running around the restaurant, etc..........If I were going to work the night shift it would be easy since it won't be busy and I would only have to worry about the slutty/sleazy thing!  But don't get me wrong, I do NOT want to give up my day shift just to dress up!!  That's just crazy!! haha  So, at this time I haven't decided whether or not I will be dressing up for work, but at this moment I am leaning towards no.


I've been watching Biggest Loser and Thintervention with Jackie Warner each week and it makes me want to get out and do hard core exercises like they do......unfortunately, my left ankle is still sore and I cannot run or jump on it right now.  It's still healing from whatever damage I did to it by wearing the wrong shoes to work for a month.  I know I can do other forms of exercise besides running/walking/jumping and always make plans to do something but laziness keeps creeping in.  


Okay, enough about my depressing life :P lol  How does everyone feel about tonights premiere of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills?  



I know I've said I wasn't looking forward to it, but while working on decorations today I had the TV on (wow, what a shock, right?!) and turned it on to the Wendy Williams show and all of the ladies from Beverly Hills were on.  Now, I can't wait for it to start.  I think it's going to be a lot better than the DC franchise....although I started liking it a little more towards the end and am actually excited to see the reunion tonight!!  Honestly, though, I would be happy if Tariq and Michaele Salahi would just slither away!!!!


Tonight also is Project Runway which I am also addicted to!




I really love Mondo.  I think he is an incredible designer and hope he gets to Fashion Week!!  I am so glad Ivy is gone....she was Negative Nellie.  But my least favorite this season has been Gretchen....since the very first episode.  I don't know how she has won anything?!  I don't find her designs memorable or inspirational at all!!  I really think there are 3 much better designers.....


I've also been watching The Apprentice (Thursday's are busy TV nights)






This is the first time I've watched a non-Celebrity edition and I'm actually really liking it.  Masa (is that her name) is way too aggressive and I can't believe she is still there.  I don't mind people being outspoken but she is too much and a negative in my opinion.  I hope she doesn't get too much farther in the competition!!


Anywho.....that's enough about my boring and uninspiring life and my opinions on TV shows!!  I am really exhausted right now and need to go make dinner.  I am making a healthy dinner tonight:  Baked chicken, sweet potato, brussel sprouts and a salad.  


I will try and check in tomorrow, so until then........



No comments:

Post a Comment