Friday, October 1, 2010

Theater Thursday


I see this link up every week and am always late.  After last week I promised myself I would link up and play along.  So, if you want to link up and play, head on over to Crazy Shenanigans.

So, for my first week of a movie, I choose.....  Copycat



Copycat is about a serial killer in San Francisco, two SF police detectives MJ Monahan (Holly Hunter) and Reuben Goetz (Dermot Mulroney) and how respected criminal psychologist, Dr Helen Hudson (Sigourney Weaver), is an intregal part of the whole thing.  The movie starts out a year earlier, when  Dr Hudson gives a speech at a university and then is attacked by one of her previous subjects, Daryll Lee Cullum (Harry Connick Jr).  Fast forward a year, when Daryll Lee is in prison, a series of murders occur which imitate previous killings by famous serial killers.  Dr Helen Hudson finds herself becoming an unwillingly participant to this crime and Darryl Lee Cullum, although in prison is also very much involved.

This is one of my favorite movies.  And even though I've seen it a million times, it still scares me---although it is NOT a horror movie.  The cast is excellent!! If you haven't seen it, you really should.  I watch it every chance I get.  And, even though I own the dvd, when I see it's on regular TV I always watch!!  

2 comments:

  1. I love this movie. I haven't seen it in forever though. Thanks for joining up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe it or not, I haven't seen this movie... I should soon!:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete