Wednesday, October 6, 2010

It's Wednesday already???

Happy Hump Day everyone...I can't believe the week is half over already!  At work today I got confused and thought it was Tuesday (probably because I normally work Tuesdays but was actually off yesterday).  Our "week" for scheduling goes from Thursday to Wednesday.  I have no idea why....kinda random though......Honestly, most of the time I have no idea what day or date it is!!!

When I went in to work last week I realized they had changed my schedule for "next" week (starting tomorrow) and instead of having my normal 5 days, I was down to 3 days!! :( It happened to several servers.  I was informed that the owner had cut the schedule because we had too many servers scheduled.  I figured out that it was those of us who worked 12-8 and 2-10 shifts that were affected.  I was bummed but was assured that it was only for this one week so, okay.....extra time off to get things done around the house (fall "spring" cleaning).

My schedule was working today and then off until Sunday, then off Monday and work Tuesday and Wednesday.  So, like I said, I had my 3 days off (Thursday, Friday and Saturday) planned out to get my house ready for the winter months.  Lo and behold, when I got to work this morning I noticed that I was added on to the schedule for Friday night.  Then one of my co-workers asked me if I could pick up his shift tomorrow because of an appt.  Of course, I said yes!!  Yay--I have my 5 days back, which is so terrific!  Someone was looking out for me, I think, and I have to say a big THANK YOU!!  Positive thoughts and prayers really do work.......

I had a great day at work and still had plenty of energy afterward to do a lot of housework and rearranging.  I finally stopped a few minutes ago to start dinner.  Also, all of my shows are coming on soon:  Hells Kitchen, Criminal Minds, Modern Family, Law and Order: SVU, Law and Order: Los Angeles, and Top Chef: Just Desserts.  Yes, I somehow will be able to see all of these shows tonight.  

Oh, did anyone see the season 3 premiere of Real Housewives of Atlanta the other night??  


Any thoughts?? I really didn't think I was going to like the Atlanta franchise when it first aired but I am hooked and always happily await the craziness each season brings.  I don't have any opinions on the new housewives yet.  Kinda sad to see Lisa Wu-Hartwell leave the series, but at the same time her storyline was a little blah last season, so.....


Here's wishing everyone had a terrific day today and a great rest of the week!!!  Happy TV watching :P





 

3 comments:

  1. Sorry about your work schedule.

    I hope you are having a relaxing night.:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. work is poop.

    i need to relax too. wine? bubbles? massage?

    yup, i am dreaming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Atlanta wives are my favorites!!!

    ReplyDelete