Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A Wrap-up of the past week and a little Reality TV

Time has been flying by!!  I didn't realize that it's been a week since I last posted.  I've been trying to catch up on everyone's posts and it's been tough.  I've been working a lot and when I get home I am usually EXHAUSTED!!  The restaurant has been busy every day (YAY!!) and I guess I have forgotten just how hard this work can be?!  Funny how being away for 3 1/2 years can make you forget things like that! lol

Also, it doesn't help that I've gained a few pounds since I last worked in a restaurant!  I want to start running again (see, I said that in September I always want to start running) but I have been having problems with the arches in both of my feet--with the right arch is actually a little swollen.  I have been in A LOT of pain every day since the restaurant opened (2 weeks).   I have been doing all kinds of stretches each morning and night for my hips down to my feet.  They've actually helped some but, like I said, my right arch is swollen as of Monday.  I'm trying to stay off my feet outside of work, but as most of you know.....uh, you can't get much done when you are laid up on the couch!  I have also stopped wearing my flip flops.  Yes, I live in flip flops during spring, summer, and fall.  Although I love me a flip flop.....I also know that they are the WORST things for your feet since there is no arch support.  So, I am going with comfort for now and wearing "regular" shoes (yuck, because it's still warm weather).and hopefully, the pain and swelling will go away....

Last Saturday my mom and I met up with my cousins and went to the Jelly Belly Factory in Fairfield, CA.  My cousins have been to the factory several times but, although we live about 10 minutes from the factory, my mom and I have never been!!  Unbelievable, right?!?!  We had a lot of fun on the tour and afterwards we ate at thei Jelly Belly diner.  

My cousin, Roni, was so thoughtful.  She brought me a little glass kitty ornament and a condolence card for the loss of my sweet little Cuatro!! Roni is like that...she even offered to switch weekends for our get together if I wasn't up to it.  Another cousin sent me the Rainbow Bridge Poem I posted last week.  I have the best and most thoughtful cousins!!

Anyway, that has been the excitement in my life this past week.....trying to make the arch pain go away, sleeping, and the Jelly Belly tour....Oh, and work of course!! :)  Now, don't get me wrong---I LOVE waitressing and I am glad I made the decision to go back.  For me, it beats sitting at a desk all day.  And the best part is that I get to talk to people all day!!  And, the money is so much better than my previous (desk) job (and I made good money there!).  And, lastly, I can't beat now living LESS than a mile from work!

So, now that I'm slowly getting re-used to this work pace, I need to get myself into "server shape".  And, until the swelling goes down in my arch, I have to do exercises that have nothing to do with running, walking, jumping, etc....so I am fully immersing myself in yoga and pilates and upper body exercises as well as squats, static lunges, etc.

I have also been watching all of my reality shows!  God love Bravo channel and the fact that they constantly re-air episodes so I don't have to worry about missing an episode!!  Did everyone watch RHONJ reunion??  I LOVE it and heard this morning that Danielle "officially" will NOT be coming back!  I'm so happy!!  But they said Teresa Guidice also may not be coming back.   I guess all of the financial stuff coming out in public was a little too embarrassing!  Oh, well......I saw that Real Housewives of Atlanta will be back soon.  I actually like this franchise.  Lisa isn't coming back and they have 2 new housewives.  Hopefully this will be a great season. 

I saw a trailer for the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills with Kelsey Grammars ugly ex-wife and Kyle Richards (child star and aunt to Paris Hilton).  I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not looking forward to this franchise.  We already have Real Housewives of OC (which I LOVE...except for Alexis) so why do we need another one based in Southern California??  I would have rather seen one from Northern California (based in San Francisco, Napa, or Marin County). 

Has anyone been watching the DC franchise?  I noticed that last Thursday was a repeat and that it's over in just a couple more episodes.  That doesn't bode too well for a season 2????  But it's way too boring for me.

I watched the premiere of Jackie Warners Thintervention on Monday.  Love Jackie Warner and glad to see her back on Bravo!  I like that Jeana Keough (RHOOC alum) is on trying to lose weight and gain her life back!  It's gonna be a great season, I think!!

Did anyone see Flipping Out and Rachel Zoe Project last night?  I love both of these shows.  I loved that Jeff was thinking about the future for Zoila and wants to take care of her (and her take care of any kids he may adopt).  As for Rachel and Rodger, I hope they have kids and she learns to slow down a bit and actually enjoy life as a whole--not just the fashion!  Interesting about Ashley being sick and Brad mentioning about her being fired since she was sick and didn't come into work....and the fact that she wasn't missed.  Is it "Bye Ashley, nice knowing you." already??  And, I too, thought that Cameron and Demi looked AMAZING at the Oscars this year.

Top Chef is almost over this season.  Like I've said in previous posts.....I'm not into it as much this season--especially since Kenny was eliminated.  I like the other finalists though (not Kelly) but still wish Kenny were there.  I'm rooting for Kevin to win. 

Does anyone watch Big Brother.  It is my most guilty pleasure! lol  I didn't really like anyone at the beginning of the season but I'm now really enjoying it.  I don't know that I have a favorite, but I do know who I DON'T want to win:  Britney.  I haven't liked her since Day 1 so I HOPE, HOPE, HOPE that she goes home this week.  If I have to pick someone who played the game well and deserved to win (although I didn't like him) it would have to be Matt.  Lane is funny in his little side bars, Enzo is annoying with his "meow meow" reference, and I don't really have anything to say about Hayden except that I hate his messy hair.  Lane is playing both sides so I'm not really liking him a whole lot, and Enzo hasn't really done much this season to deserve to win.  And, I know that Britney has won challenges and HOH....but I don't like her 2-faced lying and her bitchy attitude.  She probably deserves to win because of her wins, etc....but I don't really like her much so I will be happy if she goes to the jury house this week!  If she does win I won't be too mad because at least she will have earned it.....unlike LAST year when Jordan won due to her coat-tail riding!!  Again, I don't have anyone to say about Hayden one way or the other.....maybe he should win! haha :P

Well, I think that's all for now.  I am really needing a Starbucks latte right about now before I have to go in to work tonight.  Wishing everyone a wonderful Wednesday.

1 comment:

  1. Reality TV is about the only guilty pleasure that I have that doesn't involve unnecessary calories!

    ReplyDelete