Monday, August 23, 2010

Top 2 Tuesday

Can you believe it?  I don't post for almost a week, and now you're getting two in one day!  I missed a few blog hops this past weekend, so I am going to participate in this week's Top 2 Tuesday.  If you want to play along hop on over to The Undomestic Momma and link up!!



So, this weeks top 2 subject is:  

Top 2 Biggest Indulgences


Well, where do I start on this one....there are a few! lol
1)  Spa/Salon Pampering

This includes massage, manicures, pedicures, facials, mud baths.  It also includes getting my hair cut and highlighted.  Well, not really cut--that's a necessity, but definitely the highlighting.  And, that highlighting is definitely NOT cheap.....right now, it's my only indulgence in this category until I start waitressing regularly.  I actually have a hair appt tomorrow (Tuesday) for said highlighting!!  I'm SO looking forward to it!!  Hopefully soon, I can start to indulge in a few of the others....first will be a pedicure!! haha 
2)  Starbucks

Yes, it is an indulgence. Even with my Starbucks Gold card (where I get the sugar free Cinnamon Dolce syrup for free) my drink is still almost $4.00 a day!!  Add that up for 365 days per year....and it's a whopping $1350.00 (at $3.60 per drink).  Then add in a tip.  Yes, I tip at Starbucks--and very well.  My local one is awesome! They know my name & drink.  This year I haven't been indulging every single day like I normally do, but that will be changing soon!!
3)  Traveling 

Yes, I am going to add a third one.  I LOVE to travel and didn't get to do much when I was married.  My ex didn't like to travel, so once I was divorced, I started going places.  Again, I haven't been anywhere since my job ended last September 2009---unemployment does that to you.  So, you know the travel bug has got me totally ready to go someplace--ANYPLACE!!  I know I want to go to San Francisco Giants spring training next year in Scottsdale, AZ.  And, I am long overdue to visit one of my most fave places:  The great Sin City of Las Vegas, NV.  Besides that, we'll see!!??  This is really one of my favorite indulgences that has been hardest to let go of......so, watch out world, it's only a matter of time before I am back on the road again.......well, more likely, back on the airplane again!!
There are a few other indulgences, but I think 3 is enough ;)  

And, on a side note...Congrats to Miss Mexico for winning the Miss Universe pageant.  And a shout out to Miss Philippines for making Top 5 (she was 4th runner up).  If you're wondering about this shout out....I am half-Filipina and always proud when a fellow Filipino(a) does well or wins anything!! Oh, and when was the last time a Miss USA didn't make the Top 15??  Holy cow!!  Actually, I didn't really watch Miss Universe, only turned it on at the beginning to see the opening to introduce the girls, and then when they picked the Top 15, 10, & 5.  I skipped the rest.  I was watching my beloved San Francisco Giants demolish the Cincinnati Reds and then The Real Housewives of NJ.  I'm watching the replay of RHONJ because I missed some of it switching channels around!! 




6 comments:

  1. Traveling is an excellent choice! Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with both of these!! Perfect pics... and I used to live in Scottsdale ~ Spring training games are the best! Hope you can make it this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My biggest splurge is definitely travel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks, love me some Starbucks too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good choices! Doesn't it take a long time to get a Starbucks gold card!? And, I'm so jealous that you live close to San Fran. That is my favorite vacation destination!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Emma: You have to register a Starbucks gift card online. After 30 drinks (I think) you get your gold card. That only took me a month :P lol Then you have to buy at least 30 drinks per year (again, I think) to maintain it.

    ReplyDelete