Monday, August 23, 2010

It's been a looong weekend!! Hello, Monday!

Yes, I've been M.I.A. since last Wednesday.  Between training and taking care of my kitty, etc... I have had a lot going on and haven't had time to post or read everyone elses posts.  When I started blogging a couple of months ago, I wasn't working so I had all day to post or read and comment, etc.  So, now I am trying to navigate working and blogging--along with the rest of my life! lol  And, since I'm a server, I can't sit at my desk at work and blog, so I have to find time when I get home.  :P  

Well, training was over on Sunday and we had the "soft" opening today.  I worked 8-4.  We weren't too busy but it was crazy none-the-less.  Anyone who has ever served before and has gone through opening a new restaurant understands the hell that is opening day/week.  It gets better, but no matter how well you think you've trained your staff, you're still going to have snafu's and problems.  


I've opened a restaurant before with my ex-husband.  Even with our experience it was hard and stressful at first, but got easier.  Today was no different--but everyone handles things in a different way.  I'm a go-with-the-flow kind of girl.  Not much upsets me and I look at the big picture.  Several of my co-workers are definitely NOT that way.  One of them quit about an hour into his shift.  A couple of others said they were going to quit because they hated it.  How can you hate something after one day??  If you seriously thought that things were going to be simple and easy....you are definitely in the wrong business!  And every server they hired supposedly had experience!!  C'mon people, grow the hell up!!!

Sorry, I'm just happy to have a job in this economy and it wasn't THAT bad!  Yes it was crazy and a little unorganized, but--whatever?!  My sales weren't that high but I made really good tips.  I know today was definitely NOT my best day as a server, but I got through it and tomorrow will be better.  Well, actually, I'm off tomorrow....so, Wednesday will be better.  And, I haven't waitressed in over 3 years, so it's going to take me a minute to get my timing down in this new environment.  I definitely didn't have any timing today.  LOL

By the end of my shift, I could barely walk!  MY FEET WERE KILLING ME!! They still hurt and now that I'm done with my errands, I am going to soak my feet in Epsom salts.  I can't believe I used to be able to do this without any pain.  And, the funny thing is--I run!!  Of course, I haven't run since July, but still.....I'm going to have to whip myself into "server-shape".

As for my cat, Cuatro, he is still not well.  For a couple of days I thought he was getting his appetite back and I thought I was just being cat-scammed!!  But, over the weekend, his appetite left again.  It's just been so hard because I know that soon, unless a miracle happens, I'm going to have to make a decision.  I called my mom when I got home today and broke down when I was letting her know about Cuatro.  She said that she would come over and check on him or run him to the vet or whatever I needed when I was at work.   So, I just take it day to day and spend as much time with him as I can.  I hope that miracle happens, though.  I'm not ready to lose him.

Well, that's it for now.  I will get through everyone's posts throughout the week.  I'm getting ready to sit and watch my San Francisco Giants game while soaking my poor feet...and later on watch the season finale of the Real Housewives of New Jersey.  It's been a crazy season and can't wait for the Danielle v Caroline sit-down.  I've come to really like Caroline Manzo this season, especially since Dina left.  She's the only sane one left!! haha

Then I'm going to enjoy my day off tomorrow and get my hair cut and high-lighted.  I hope everyone is having a great Monday!! 

 

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear that your first day back to work wasn't too bad!! I just finished the finale of RHONJ and it was awesome!

    ReplyDelete