Sunday, August 15, 2010

Getting To Know You


Happy Sunday to all!!  I am having a nice relaxing weekend, trying to enjoy the beautiful warm weather.  I hope everyone else is also having a great weekend!!!

Yesterday I went and saw Eat Pray Love.  Was it exactly like the book?  No of course not.  Does it even matter?  No of course not.  Could anyone else but Julia Roberts have played Liz Gilbert in this movie?  No of course not.  I loved loved loved the book and I loved loved loved the movie.  They are the same but different and that's okay.  They each brought something different to the story and it's the first time I've read a book and then saw the movie and wasn't disappointed.  

Julia Roberts, as usual, was terrific.  I wasn't always a huge fan of hers but my ex-husband liked her so we saw all of her movies.  I have re-watched most of her movies and have come to appreciate her talent more and more and have become a big fan in the past few years.  But let's not forget about Richard Jenkins who, as everyone else also says, is great in the film as well as a scene-stealer....which is hard to do when you're in it with Julia!!  And, Javier Bardem is also terrific.  The good-bye scene with his son made me love the character even more!

Yes, even if you haven't read the book, go see the movie.  

And, now...on to the Getting To Know You questions.  If you want to play and link up, head on over to Keely's blog.   

1,  What kind of athlete has the hottest body?


Well, you know I love baseball, but I don't think they have the hottest bodies.  My pick is definitely.......football.  And, more specifically, wide receivers have the best bodies of all athletes in my humble opinion!!


2.  Are you a planner or a procrastinator?

I am both.  I definitely am a planner...always making lists, etc.  But there are certain things that I procrastinate on, which are usually things I really don't want to do or deal with.  


3.  Diet or regular (soda)?

Neither.  I don't drink soda.


4.  What's your one "must have" for fall?


Since fall here in California isn't really that cold I'm going to have to say scarves.  Light and heavy ones.  


5.  What's your favorite fast food restaurant?


In-N-Out of course!!!  Everything else pales by comparison!!


6.  What do you think is the sexiest profession for a guy?


Anything where the guy has to wear a suit and tie.  Or a musician.  haha


7.  Did you wear braces?


Yes I did.  But, unfortunately I didn't wear the retainer afterward and a couple of my teeth are still crooked.    So, please....wear the retainer!!!!  It makes all of the difference!!


8.  Would you rather have a guy who's super sexy or kind?


Super sexy guys usually don't have anything else to offer except their crappy attitudes.  But a kind guy is sexy.  Wish all men would learn that!!


Well, my San Francisco Giants are getting ready to play.  It's the last game of this series with the San Diego Padres.  Wishing everyone a wonderful Sunday!! 


2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from GTKY. I haven't read the book nor seen the movie, but I so want to!!

    I am a procrastinator too and usually for the same reasons. Like now, I still haven't cleaned my house, ugh!

    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete