Friday, August 6, 2010

Friday Five: and Fill in the Blank Friday


TGIF!!  Here's another addition of Friday Five.  If you want to play and link up go to Just Me and My Life.  This weeks topic is:

5 things you miss about being a kid!!

1.  SUMMER VACATION
Everything about summer vacation was great:  sleeping in, playing outside, no school, sprinklers, going to the pool, staying up late, baseball, sunbathing, listening to music, BBQ'ing, the list could go on.....

2.  NO WORRIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
Just being carefree and not having to worry

3.  PLAYING
With my Barbies, my hot wheels (yes I had those too), riding my bike, just playing either inside or outside doing whatever.

4.  BEING FLEXIBLE
I still have tons of energy, but I definitely do not have the flexibility of my youth!! lol

5.   SCHOOL
Even though I enjoyed my summers with no school, I have always loved school and was a very good student. I always looked forward to the first day of school.......and also to the last day before summer vacay!! :)



I'm also doing another blog hop for the first time called Fill In The Blank Fridays.  So, if you want to do this blog hop head on over to The Little Things We Do.

1.  Today for breakfast I ate:  Shredded Wheat cereal w/ strawberries and 1% milk

2.  My go-to/never fail recipe:  Spaghetti w/meat sauce. 

3.  Something I eat that other people think is weird is:  That's quite a few things!  Herring, escargot, liver and onions, calamari, etc.....I will try just about any food once!!

4.  My worst cooking disaster ever was:  a couple of times I've started cooking something on the stove and walked away to do something else......and forgot about it!!  Smoke detector went off and there was the yucky mess in the pot.  (Yeah, I didn't learn after the first time.)  So now, when I cook, I have to pay total attention to what I'm doing..

5.  If I could eat only one flavor of ice cream the rest of my life, it would be:  
Rocky Road.  I have also recently become addicted to Snickers and anything Ben & Jerry's, but Rocky Road will always be my first love!! 

6.  One food I hate and avoid at all costs is: 
There are a few things I hate, but sauerkraut is the absolute WORST thing ever!!  

7.  What is your favorite meal?  Breakfast, lunch or dinner?
Dinner is always my favorite meal.....
Have a great weekend!! 




. 

6 comments:

  1. Barbies!! I loved them! I love all your answers! Thanks for doing my Friday Fives!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Nicole from the Bingham Tribe, your blog is so cute I'm going to follow it! Please do me a favor and follow me back! Thanks!

    http://basicallyformyself.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun post! Haha my husband thinks it's disgusting that I like to eat strawberries with condensed milk!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spaghetti with meat sauce never fails!:D

    http://allthingsmarie.blogspot.com/
    Beauty. Fashion. Interior Design.
    & Life According to Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love mashed strawberries mixed w/evaporated milk and a little sugar over vanilla ice cream or angel food cake. My mom made it when we were kids and I continue it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your blog, so cute, I'm following you now! I've read several Fill in the Blank Fridays today and so far everyone has said Rocky Road--so funny! I'm a sucker for Ben & Jerry's Coffee Heath Bar Crunch. man oh man that combines two of my favorite things in the world! Though lately I've been all about the frozen yogurt, which satisfies me equally.

    Where in the bay do you live? I live in north Oakland and work in SF (in the Excelsior District). I love finding fellow bay area bloggers! Happy Friday :)

    ReplyDelete