Friday, August 27, 2010

Five Question Friday and Fill In The Blank Friday


Hi again everyone!!  Yes, it's Friday and time for Five Question Friday.  If you want to link and play, head on over to My Little Life.

1.  How many pets do you have?

I have 3 cats.  2 boys (Shadow and Cuatro) and 1 girl (Baby)

2.  If you could switch places with anyone in the world for one day, who would it be?

Hmmm, that's a tough one.  Maybe Oprah....she's pretty awesome.  

3.  What is your favorite money saving tip?

Don't use credit cards.  If you can't pay cash, you probably don't really need it!! 
Another tip is to save all of your change for a year.  A friend of mine taught me that and she ended up with a few hundred dollars....enough to do all of her Christmas shopping!!!

4.  What do you want your kids to be when they grow up?

I don't have kids, but if I did, I would want them to be successful and fulfilled in whatever they decide to do.  I would encourage them to go after their dreams and know that anything is possible.  Yes, and being happy goes along with all of that!!

5.  What is your favorite quote?

I have a few:

 "There are two ways to slide easily through life: to believe everything or to doubt everything; both ways save us from thinking."-- Alfred Korzybski

"Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are"-- Bernice Johnson Reagon

"Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from our own actions." -- Dalai Lama


"Life is change. Growth is optional. Choose wisely." -- Karen Kaiser Clark

"Average people like to be average because no one bothers them." -- Kelly Cutrone on The City



Here's another one....Fill In The Blank Friday......here goes:

1.  The most adventurous thing I've ever done is: travel solo.  I've taken a road trip through Northern and Southern California, went to Philadelphia, Disneyland, Las Vegas, and the big one was went to England for a couple of weeks.  All on my own!!

2.  If I were a pair of shoes I would be:  a pair of red stilettos.  My fave color and my fave type of shoes.....

3.  My preferred mode of digital communication is:  I don't have one, really, but if I have to pick one it would be the computer.  And, more specifically, Facebook.  I like that if someone is one FB you can instantly "talk" with them through IM.  Second would have to be texting.  One thing I really dislike is talking on the phone....I'd rather go to my friends house and see/hang out with them then talk to them on the phone.

4.  I am happiest when:  I am traveling or hanging out/doing something fun with loved ones.

5.  A little dream I have for my life is:  I don't have "little" dreams.  Actually, I just take it a day at a time.  I'm not into thinking/worrying too much about the future. 


6.  The one modern convenience I could NOT do without is:  I remember when we didn't have cell phones, etc.....so I know I could make it without any of that stuff.  I would like to keep my TV though :P


7.  Music, movies, TV or books:  if you could only choose one to enjoy I would pick:  Books.  I love all 4 definitely!!  But books let you use your imagination and that can't be beat!!





 
Well, those are the questions for the week.  Work is going well.  I had to stay up late Wednesday night and wait for my schedule for yesterday as it wasn't done when I left work.  Luckily I worked night shift last night...and again tonight.  I like the morning shifts, not because I enjoy getting up that early (I don't), but like getting my shift over with and have my nights free.  But, I have to say, I have enjoyed sleeping in the last 2 day!  But my schedule is all over the place with days and nights, so I'm not going to get used to it.  

Wishing everyone a great weekend.  I am happy that I have this Sunday off!!  Yay, TGIF!! 

 

3 comments:

  1. I loved every single one of the quotes you posted! Especially the one about being average.

    Hopping over from Mama M's. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to save my change and I always ended up with a ton too. Now it seems though that I never have cash because I'm always using my debit card for things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed reading this, and i love cats too! nice post.

    xoxo,
    http://shineyglam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete