Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I received an award

I was pleasantly surprised today to learn that I was nominated for an award by Tarryn and Allison over at 2Bloggeristas

It's called The Versatile Blogger award.  I'm still new to the blog world and trying to figure my way, so I would like to thank them for this award!  You girls are awesome!!

With any award comes rules, so here are the rules for this blog award:

1.  Thank the person who gave you the award.
2.  Share seven things about yourself
3.  Nominate 15 newly discovered blogs
4.  Let your nominees know about the award

Okay, so for the 7 things about me:

1. I LOVE baseball and it rules my life from opening day until the last game of the World Series.  My favorite team is the San Francisco Giants.  My second favorite team is the Boston Red Sox.

2.  My birthday is on April 1st......yes, really.


3.  I have 3 cats:  Shadow, Cuatro and Baby (2 boys and a girl).  All 3 were strays I took in over the years.  Cuatro was older & a feral cat who was very anti-social when I found him.  It's taken a few years, but he will finally come and lay next to me....not on my lap, but next to me--and I was THRILLED the first time he did it!  

4.  I love to travel

5.  My favorite thing to do is read.  Growing up I mostly read non-fiction (biographies, history, etc) but as an adult I've learned to love fiction too. I love mysteries like James Patterson's Alex Cross series, Patricia Cornwell, John Grisham.  I also like Jackie Collins and Sidney Sheldon. My newest passion is Sophie Kinsella and books of that type.

6.  I love music, movies and reality TV.  My favorite singers: Marvin Gaye (male) and Barbara Streisand (female);  favorite groups:  The Temptations, Fleetwood Mac, and Daughtry.  I love ALL movies from silent films to current.  My favorite movie of all time:  Singin' In The Rain.  I'll watch anything Marilyn Monroe and Brad Pitt.  I actually love all TV but am addicted to reality TV.  My favorite reality shows are:  Top Chef, Amazing Race, The Next Food Network Star, Cupcake Wars.  My guilty pleasure TV:  Real Housewives franchise, The Hills, The City and anything on BravoTV.  My favorite "regular" TV show:  Criminal Minds.  My picks are all over the place, right?!  That's just me....

7.  I LOVE chocolate (it's a food group, right?!) and pastries but I DON'T like salt.

My "newly discovered" blogs:

1.  Crystal at Brunette on a Budget
2.  Amy at Lite and Fit
3.  Aimee at Life As An Oakes
4.  Rhiannon Nicole at Hey Gorgeous
5.  Georgia~Gi Gi at Going Glam With Gi Gi
6.  Kelly at Fitting Back In
7.  Joanna at Dance and Dream 4 Ever
8.  Amy at Chaussures a la mode
9.  Katie at Jersey Blonde
10. Natasha at A Day in the Life
11. Sara at Sara's Stories
12. Sarah at Wears Inappropriate Shoes
13. Sarah at Classy and Fabulous
14. Emily at Cupcakes and Cashmere
15. Heather at Heather's Harbor


Well, it's taken me a long time to finish this post and I am starving--time for dinner!!  Thanks again for the fun award and I'm wishing everyone a wonderful Wednesday!!

5 comments:

  1. Tina, congrats on your award!!!!
    Oh how fun to have a birthday on Fool's Day! Love that day :)
    Thank you so much for passing the award onto me, your so sweet!
    Big Smooch!
    G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow thank you for the sweet award and for thinking of me :) You have a lovely blog and we have many many things in common. Hope your day is fabulous!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your award and thank you so much Tina for passing it on to me!! Made my day! :)Your blog is so cute!
    Hope you have a great day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your award, Tina!:D I love chocolates too!:D

    http://allthingsmarie.blogspot.com/
    Beauty. Fashion. Interior Design.
    & Life According to Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the award and passing it along!! Made my day. :)

    ReplyDelete