Monday, July 12, 2010

Finally back to Exercising

Happy Monday everyone!!  I hope everyone had a great weekend.  The plans I had for this weekend were canceled at the last minute, so I had a lot of unexpected free time.  So, I ended up garage sale shopping all day instead of just a couple hours in the early a.m.  Mostly just baby and kid stuff so I didn't have a lot of success.  The only thing I found was at one of the last places I stopped, go figure!!  It was a book called Bergdorf Blondes by Plum Sykes.  It was only .25 cents!! haha

Lately, as I've posted before, I have lacked energy, been unmotivated, and just felt blah.  It has been 8 days since I've done any type of exercise and for the past few days I've been trying to figure out a way to get motivated to get back to it. 

I've also noticed that my hips have been very tight lately and I was hesitant to run because I know that could be disastrous and lead to a bad injury.  So, I decided to go back to the beginning and just walk.  This afternoon I went to the park and planned to walk 3.1 miles--my normal route when I run.

Boy am I paying for not exercising at all the past week (and very little the past month)!!  I wanted to quit by mile 2 but made myself finish.  By the end of my walk I had slowed down my pace a lot because my hips were pretty tight and I was basically walking funny to compensate for the tightness...which, I think, can cause injuries.  Geesh! 

This walk of 3.1 miles took me 58 minutes to complete.  I am embarrassed and saddened by this time.  But, it's my own fault, so all I can do is keep working at it in order to improve my time. 

I came home immediately after my walk and spent 15 minutes just stretching out my hips and a few minutes on my thighs and calves.  I know it's not a lot of time, but I feel so much better!!  Now I realize more than ever that I need to start doing yoga &/or pilates again. 

I blogged earlier about eating so much the past week or so.  However, today I may be back to normal because I haven't really been that hungry all day.  I didn't even realize it until I got home from my walk.  I had a good breakfast:  1 cup each of Shredded Wheat, blueberries and 1% milk.  I had a peanut butter (1 Tbsp) & jelly (1 Tbsp--it was apricot jam) "sandwich"--but instead of bread I used 2 Wasa crackers and with it had a Venti sugar-free Cinnamon Dolce Latte.  After my run I had 1 glass of chocolate milk (10 oz 1% milk with 2 Tbsp of Nestle's Quik).  I am not that hungry so for dinner I am just going to have some whole grain pasta w/ fresh grated Parmesan cheese and some Summer Squash Medley (sauteed zucchini, pattypan & crookneck squash w/salt/pepper/lemon juice).  Since I just thawed out some ground turkey, I will also make turkey burgers (no bread or condiments--just the burger). 

Has anyone else started watching Big Brother?  Do you have a favorite yet?  I don't, which is unusual.  Who do you think the Saboteur is?  I haven't got a clue. 

Well, I am off to finish the turkey burgers.  The Bachelorette is on right now, but I haven't been into it and not really caring who she picks.  This is the first and last time I will ever watch the Bachelor or Bachelorette.   I would rather watch repeats of Real Housewives of New Jersey! 

I can't wait for tonight's RHONJ!!  Danielle is seriously disturbed and really needs professional help.  I am getting bored with her storyline (if you can even call it that) and her ex-con/thug bodyguards and poor friends.  I'm sorry, I watch the Real Housewives franchise because they are supposed to be wealthy and we get to "peek" into their lifestyle.  If I wanted to see a middle class life style, I would just need to get in my car and drive around town, not waste time watching Danielle Staub and her friends dancing around a stripper pole with their g-strings hanging out.  Just sayin'.....

3 comments:

  1. Real Housewives was AMAZING! Wasn't the episode just crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it was the craziest episode yet!! I watched it twice and still couldn't believe it!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just started getting back to exercising lately after a month of exams. Hope I'll get back to shape soon!
    Even if I live in Greece and these don't air here I watch them online.Hooked to the real housewives too!Love some of their lifestyle!
    Happy walking girl!
    x

    ReplyDelete