Thursday, June 24, 2010

What I ate and a little neighborhood crime

Okay--as I said yesterday, I need to get myself back on track so my body can start functioning properly again and I can have my energy back!!  The following is a list of what I ate today along with calorie counts and nutritional value.  I will also be adding how much water I'm drinking and how many hours of sleep I got the night before. 

To start out, last night was not a good night of sleep.  Here's how it went:  I slept for 4 hours, woke up for about a half hour, then fell back to sleep for a little over an hour, woke up for about 45 minutes, and then fell back to sleep for about 40-45 minutes.

I fell asleep around 2:30am.  Oh, yeah, I don't think I ever mentioned that I suffer from insomnia and have for most of my adult life!  The insomnia comes and goes.  Right now it's in full force and I'm really tired of it (no pun intended!).

I live in a duplex on a busy corner and my bedroom faces the street (aren't I super lucky?!).  I always have to have fresh air in my bedroom when I sleep so I have my window cracked open.  I tell you all of that because apparently, during that 4 hours of sleep someone came and broke into my across-the-street neighbors car.  The first time I woke up I heard talking and opened my blinds to see police at my neighbors house and her cars back window was busted out. Thank goodness I parked my car in my garage!!  I don't know why but the previous 3 days I had left my car parked in my driveway.  Someone was watching out for me.....and Thank You!!!!

Alright, so back to the point of this post.  The following is what I ate today:

Breakfast:
1/2 cup Shredded Wheat
1 cup 1% milk
1/2 cup blueberries


Snack: 
1 small Fuji apple
1 Tbsp peanut butter

Lunch:
1 Turkey burger (3 oz)---just the burger, no bread or condiments
2 slices watermelon 

Snack:
1 wedge Laughing Cow cheese
2 Wasa crackers--Light Rye
1 cup chocolate milk (1% milk and 2 tbsp of Nestle's Quik--yes really)
1 cup of watermelon

Dinner:
6 oz of whole grain pasta
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
1 cup Summer Squash Medley (zucchini, crookneck squash, pattypan)

I really did measure all of my food today.  I do own a food scale that hasn't been used for a long time!  And I really did look up the nutritional value of everything.  I honestly hated every second of doing it, but I know it needs to be done.  And I know I'll be grateful later on.


Nutritional Value:
1799 calories, 41 1/2 grams fat; 583 1/2 mg cholesterol, 1236 1/2 mg sodium, 208 1/2 g carbohydrates, 29 g dietary fiber, 51 1/2 g sugars, 79 1/2 g protein.

I know, that's too many calories.  I would have been alright if I'd only had the 3oz of pasta and 1/8 cup Parm cheese....but it's pasta and I couldn't help myself!!  Now, if I had exercised, this wouldn't even be an issue!!


So far I've had 4 1/2 cups of water, but I'm still drinking. Why is this such a problem for me now???? Ugh!!!  I estimate that I will be at about 6 cups of water by the time I go to bed.....

I didn't exercise today.  It was very windy and warm.  I could use the "very windy" as an excuse for not exercising, but, in all honesty, I just didn't feel like it......I'll try again tomorrow.

Don't worry, my food posts won't normally be this wordy....I promise to keep them short in future.

Hopefully I am not up until 2:30 and can sleep for at least 6 hours.  That will make me happy.  Fingers crossed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment