Monday, June 28, 2010

Weekend wrap-up


I can't believe another weekend is over.  Why do the week day's go by so slowly and the weekends just fly by?  Well, anyway, I had a nice weekend.  I hope everyone else did too!!

Saturday morning I went garage sale shopping again.  I had all of the places marked on my map, etc.  But, as I was driving I wasn't really feeling it and I ended up at only a handful instead of the 16+ I had marked. 

One stop had lots of jewelry and as I mentioned in another post I have been really into jewelry lately.  After looking at everything I found a silver necklace w/a silver four-leaf clover for .25 cents and then I found a silver bracelet with turquoise for $5.00.  The bracelet reminded me of the late 60's - early 70's and I just had to have it....I was trying to take pictures but they weren't turning out right so I just gave up!

By 10:00am I was done so I ran to the bank and then went to the farmers market.  Everything looked so good!!  I ended up with some pattypan squash and some crookneck squash.  I already had zucchini and later on made some more Summer Squash Medley from Suzanne Somer's cookbook:

I love her cookbooks because it's all healthy eating.  This particular dish is great in summer time because it is easy to make and very light!!

Later in the day my high school friend had a Lia Sophia jewelry party and because of a previous appt, I was late.  The lady who sells the jewelry couldn't stay long so she was long gone by the time I got there so I couldn't see anything.  It's hard to pick things from a catalog or book.  I ended up with a really cute (I hope) gold bracelet.

On Sunday I had a mani-pedi and got to use my Essie polish in Watermelon.

I love love this color and it's perfect for summer!!

A couple of weeks ago I mentioned that I bought L'Oreal's Sublime Bronze self-tanner
and I've been using it per instructions.  I even used it on my face.  I did see a little color change on my face and body but mostly what I saw was little glittery pieces--which was not what I was looking for!!!

Also, I really didn't like that my skin was turning that orange-y color.  I guess most people would call that bronze but now I remember why I don't use bronzers.  I am not an Oompa Lumpa from Willie Wonka's Chocolate Factory, thank you very much.  So, I think I've had enough of that!!

So, I went back to Target and got Jergen's Natural Glow

but the one for the face in the Medium to Tan color.  After exfoliating my face last night I used it and then again this morning.  I think this will give me the more natural look that I'm going for.

Today is another scorcher.....101*F and I wanted to dress nice and cool.  I used to own a lot of summer dresses but I think I got rid of them (what was I thinking??).  I'm hoping I just packed them away and they're in one of the big rubber storage containers in my garage!!  While going through my closet I found this dress I forgot I bought about a month ago at Ross Stores.

I am on the short side (5'2") and don't wear a lot of prints.  I thought this was going to be too busy for me but since the background is black it worked out okay.  It really is cute on and was only $8.99.  You can't beat the price!  Oh, and even better, it's lined!!  I paired it with a pair of oyster colored flip flops and was on my way.

Since I got home this afternoon I've been working in my backyard.  The duplex I live in has yard maintenance included so I don't have to mow or prune or anything crazy like that--which is good since I've never mowed a lawn in my life!!  But, I do have to keep the patios swept and cleaned and water any of my own plants out there.  Honestly, I haven't done a whole lot so far this summer in the yards and it needed it so even though it was super hot, I was out there sweeping, cleaning, watering, etc.  It looks so much better and now I think I'm going to go read in my backyard for awhile.




No comments:

Post a Comment