Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Scrapbooking and My Lack Of Energy

About 4 years ago, after I came back from a trip, I decided I wanted to start scrapbooking.  I went to Michael's and bought a bunch of supplies and a couple of books and got started.  Yeah, well, it's not as easy as I thought it was going to be.  I didn't get too far before I "didn't have time" (lost interest) and moved on to other things.

So, here I am 4 years later with tons of pictures and not much scrapbooking done.  I do have a couple of pages I finished of my cats, one completed scrapbook of my many trips to Las Vegas, and one book of my 2005 road trip through California (well, it's 95% done).

Last night I was going through old negatives from my 35mm camera because I am going to have them transferred to a disc so that I can upload them onto my computer.  Now I wish I had done it way back when I was having my film developed!!  My dad found out that I can do it at Costco.  He said it is $2.99 for 40 negatives and .29 cents for each additional negative.  I just need to see which ones I want transferred.

While I was going through everything, I decided that I wanted to start scrapbooking again---especially my trips.  I have tons of materials, I just need some creativity to start flowing through me lol!!  Here are 2 pages I started last night:


The top one is, yes, one of my kitties!!  I couldn't help myself.  Right after I took those pictures on the right she actually walked inside the fireplace.  How she didn't catch on fire....I'll never know!?  Wish I would have gotten a picture of it, though, but I was too freaked out at the time.  I haven't used my fireplace since......

The bottom is, of course, London, England.  I have tons of pictures from my tour of England and thought I would start with the greatest city in the world (in my opinion).  I am still working on both of these pages and will be excited when they are done.  I just have to figure out how best to finish my cat page and what lettering and color of lettering I want to use on my London page.  It's fun being creative again!!

I have been concerned lately at my lack of energy, which has made me lazy in the exercise department.  Everything I've read about weight loss says ones success is a combination of counting calories, cutting out processed food, plenty of sleep, reducing sodium, drinking plenty of water, and exercise.  I know I, for the most part, eat right: lot's of fruits and veggies, whole grains, no processed foods (at home), cut out a lot of sugar from my diet, no soda, I'm not a big salt fan and only add it when required in a recipe (mostly baking), I've cut down portion size and only eat off of my small (salad) plates.

I don't count calories.  I've tried over the years, but I have always found it tedious.  It's part of the reason I eat the same foods all of the time, because I already know the calorie and nutritional counts and don't have to look them up!!  (I think that was an "aha" moment.....I never thought about that until I just wrote it now)

In the last year or so I have been drinking significantly less water then I normally have in the past.  I used to drink 8-10 cups of water every single day (and more when exercising or during summer).  Now, even in this heat I'm lucky to get in 6 cups and I know that I am dehydrated!!  This doesn't help when I'm running or exercising.  And, a few months ago I read that someone actually died from dehydration.  That should have been a wake-up call (but apparently wasn't)!! 

Also, for several months I haven't slept for more than 5 hours a night.  Sometimes I've been waking up in the middle of that 5 hours (I've heard broken sleep isn't good for you either!).  One time I got 7 hours of sleep, but it consisted of:  sleeping for 4 hours, awake for 1 1/2 hours, and then sleeping another 3 hours.  I told my mom today that last night I slept for 6 hours straight!!  It's the first time I've woken up feeling awake instead of exhausted in a very long time.

I think maybe this lack of sleep and water have something to do with how my body has been performing (or not performing) lately.  I'm hoping if I correct these two issues, I can get back on track and start dropping weight again. 

So, I am back to the drawing board and will try and track my eating, drinking, exercising, sleeping and whatever else I need to do in order to find what works.  I am beyond frustrated and that doesn't help the situation either.  I just want my energy....and my old self.....back!!

No comments:

Post a Comment