Monday, June 14, 2010

My weekend of shopping, good deals, and relaxing

Happy Monday to All.....

I had a nice, relaxing weekend and I hope you did too!

On Saturday morning I went over to Old Navy and picked up 5 (the maximum) tank tops for $2.00 each.  They were just the basic ribbed type--great for hanging out around the house or for running.  These are the 5 I got:


Peach, red, blue, and 2 black tanks.  I was going to go back in the afternoon and get more, but I went to several garage sales and by the time I was done I was hot, exhausted and hungry!!  It ended up being a very warm day....92*F.  So, I went home, ate lunch, and sat in my backyard (in the shade) and read.  

There were so many garage sales around town on Saturday, and I ended up at most of them.  At first I couldn't figure out why none of them were very busy until I remembered it was graduation day for the big high school in town.  Well, I only ended up spending $1.50 total for 2 items:


Yes, that's a Scarlett O'Hara Hallmark Christmas ornament (circa 1997) that was originally $14.95; currently worth around $25.00;  and I paid $1.00.

Then I found this pair of earrings.  I can't wear heavy earrings anymore because of a torn hole in one of my earlobes.  This pair is super light and for .50 cents I couldn't go wrong!!  I think I was more excited with these finds then my cheap tank tops! 

Well, late in the afternoon I got a call from a friend.  She asked me to meet her for a coffee.  I agreed and met her at a local coffee shop near my house, but I'd never been to (I am a Starbucks girl).  Since it was so late in the afternoon (and hot), I really didn't want a coffee drink (I always get a hot latte). 

I don't like trying new coffee houses because I usually don't like any of the drinks.  I have a specific drink at Starbucks that I get (sugar-free Cinnamon Dolce Latte no whip) and all of the baristas at my local store know me & my drink.....kinda spoiled, yes?!? Outside of my Starbucks drink, I like water (plain old bottled h2o), fresh-brewed iced tea (NO sugar), hot tea, milk/chocolate milk and maybe twice a year either a 7UP or a Sierra Mist.  Oh, and a new one, Snapple's diet Trop-A-Rocka (sugar free)  Yep, I think that's it. 

So....I get to this coffee shop and can't figure out what I want.  After a chat with the barista, who assures me their flavored tea is freshly brewed (none of that nasty Nestea powdered stuff...yuck!) and no sugar, I agree to try the Mango iced tea.  Can I just say.......I really liked it!!  It would have been better if they had adjusted their air conditioner so that my ice didn't melt so fast (it was pretty warm in the shop)!! But otherwise, I was pleasantly surprised.  

Sunday was completely uneventful, by choice.  I relaxed in my backyard with magazines and my book.  I also watched the San Francisco Giants game in between.  And, I didn't even feel guilty about not accomplishing anything!! 

I also watched (uninterrupted) Jillian Michael's new show "Losing It" this weekend.  Is that what the show's called?  Usually the couple of times it's been on I've also been watching other shows.  I really liked it.  It's very inspiring....just like Biggest Loser, one of my favorite shows!!

This afternoon I ran to Target (my second home) and wandered around for awhile.  I wanted to try a new self-tanning product.  I almost just got Jergen's again (it was in my basket), but decided to go ahead and try one of the new products.  So, after checking all of them out, I decided to try:

I've read both good and bad things about this product.  But, it seems there were more good reviews so I am giving it a try tonight.  So, I am off to take a shower and try it out before Real Housewives of New York reunion special (part 2 of 3) and Real Housewives of New Jersey.  I'm wondering who will be leaving RHONJ "permanently" tonight??  I hope it's not Dina.....

Wish me luck with the self-tanner.  Hope it works!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment