Friday, May 28, 2010

Sex and The City 2 and the week in wrap-up

Wow, I didn't realize I haven't blogged all week--it went by too fast! I only ran once and worked out once this week. Like I've said many times before, bad weather always makes me lazy and this week ended up being a perfect example. I am so over the rainy, cloudy, windy, cold weather. I wish spring or summer would just get here already!!

I received some terrible news this week. One of my cousins has cancer. My dad called my mom and told her. My mom was telling me and I kind of blanked out from the shock and didn't hear everything she said. I remember the words liver, prostate, transplant, and blood transfusions. They think he may have got the cancer from paint fumes, I believe. My dad said he'd keep us informed.

Yes, you read that right. My dad called my mom. My parents have been divorced since I was a child. I was very lucky to get the parents who didn't use their children as pawns and put them in the middle of their own crap. My parents decided to be adults and get along for the sake of the kids (imagine that?!). I'm sure at first it was difficult but we (my brother, sister and I) never saw or heard anything. Neither one has ever said a negative thing about the other to us kids. I wish all parents going through divorce could be so civilized!!

The day has finally arrived! Yes, I am talking about Sex and The City 2 premiering 5/27/2010. Of course I've seen it and loved loved loved it!! It is over-the-top, funny, serious, and a little raunchy......but for true SATC fans, it never disappoints!! The only thing I will divulge is that Suzanne Somers is mentioned in this movie. I was surprised and very happy as she and her books inspired me to start cooking. Oh, and the clothes.....again, you will not be disappointed! If you haven't yet seen this movie, please go. I can't wait to see it again and again!!



I also saw the preview for Eclipse, of the Twilight series. It looks very good and I can't wait for 6/30/2010. I will, of course, be there for opening night. Another of those previews they showed was of Eat, Pray, Love. This movie doesn't come out until 8/2010 but it's another movie I cannot wait to see. I've had the book since it first came out, but I haven't read it yet. So, this week I pulled it off of my bookshelf and will read it this weekend.

I wish everyone a fun and safe Memorial Day Weekend.....

No comments:

Post a Comment