Monday, May 17, 2010

Two workouts--one day!

Yes, I actually was able to complete 2 workouts on Sunday!! Although, I have to say I probably should have done the Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred before I ran...you live and learn, right?

I ran earlier and it was only 74*F but the humidity was 45%. Yuck!! I changed my schedule to run 2 minutes and walk 2 minutes X 10. I also increased my speed a little today. Well, I only did 7 of the 10. I wanted to run 3 miles today but only did 2.1 miles. It's better than none!! My legs really felt the changes. My muscles were pretty sore.....but in a good way. The reason I ended my run early was I was getting dehydrated and didn't bring water with me (again!)

A few hours later I did The Shred. My knee's were still sore from running today and I could feel it throughout the workout. I was mindful, especially when I had to do jumping jacks, etc.... I am happy to report that there was slight improvement in my push-ups!! Well, the "beginners" kind of course. The first set I was able to do decent push-ups without stopping. But, then when I came back to do the second set I could barely get through it!! Same with the arm raises later in the workout. But I still consider it a success!!

I am really bothered by my dehydration. My whole adult life I was the one who always drank plenty of water!! I always had a large water bottle with me. In the last year or two I still have the large bottle of water, but I find that, even when I'm home, I don't drink from it. All I know is that the more running and exercising I do, the more important it is for me to drink plenty of liquids. So, I am trying to get back on track so I will be fully hydrated every single day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment