Monday, May 24, 2010

Running and Reality TV Night

I went for a run earlier and actually ran 3.0 miles!! Tried to do it on my last run and miscalculated, by a mile!! haha The temperature was 64*F, the humidity was 50%, and the winds were at 13 mph. The wind made me forget, and not feel, the humidity.

It was a great run, even though I started out too fast which made me really have to give everything I had in the last 1/4 mile. I am keeping the same schedule I had last week since I never even ran 3 miles in one run. The schedule is: Run 2 minutes/Walk 2 minutes X 9. Well, since I ran for 3 miles, I ended up actually doing: Run 2 min X 11/Walk 2 min X 10 + 1:13 min walk. Even though I was tired after the run, I really did feel great!

Since I ran so late today-- 6:15 PM, I am not going to do Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. I would have had to do the workout within a 1/2 hr of getting home from running. Since I have been "feeling it" in my knee's after my runs and it has always affected my Shred workout when there's been a few hours between workouts, I think I made the right choice.

My knee's don't hurt after my runs, but I can feel my knee's. I can't really explain it. I honestly think it's because of the extra weight I carry on me at this time. But, I'm not a doctor, even though I self-diagnose all of the time!! My mom asked me once when I got my medical degree. Well, I read a lot and don't always take what the doctors say for fact...I've been misdiagnosed more than once!! Luckily nothing serious. But I really do enjoy doing research.....

As for my eating: today for breakfast I had a sugar-free Cinnamon Dolce Latte from Starbucks, no whip. Well, it's better than nothing!! For lunch I had one of the turkey burgers I made the other day with a summer squash medley. After my run I had a Fuji apple w/2 Tbsp of peanut butter. And, for dinner tonight I had whole grain pasta with fresh grated Parmesan cheese with about 1 1/2 cups of steamed broccoli.

I'm still a little dehydrated. I have never had this problem before!! I have always been the one who drank more than enough water every day. Not sure why I no longer drink that much-- now I average about 4 cups a day. Definitely not enough, especially now that I am back to exercising regularly. I've already had 4 cups and I'm still trying to drink enough to make a total of 8 cups for today. Not sure if I'm gonna make it.

Well I watched Dancing With The Stars tonight. Can I say that I was very disappointed! First I think that Erin Andrews isn't as good as the judges try to say she is...and those ridiculous faces she makes...really, Erin?? Anyway, her Samba wasn't really that good. I thought it was an 8 or 9 dance....at most! And their freestyle---the contemporary piece--belongs on So You Think You Can Dance, and not DWTS!! That's my opinion anyway.

As for Evan and Anna....their Viennese Waltz was much much improved over their first one! I thought their dance was better than Erin/Maks Samba. Their freestyle was definitely frenetic but at least they were dancing!

And then there was Nicole/Derek. Their rumba was very good--again, much much improved over the first one!! I really felt their dance! Their freestyle was good, except for the flub at the end when Derek tried to lift Nicole.

Overall, I was totally underwhelmed and disappointed in all of the freestyles. I thought the best one was Nicole/Derek, 2nd best was Evan/Anna and last was Erin/Maks. Well, that's one girls opinion.

I was going to try and watch the Bachelorette (never seen this reality show before, despite the hype). Well, the little bit I saw was super boring introducing the guys. The ones I saw were bleh and I didn't bother seeing the rest. Maybe I'll try again next week to see if it's any good! Now, on to Real Housewives of New Jersey......

No comments:

Post a Comment