Sunday, May 23, 2010

30 Day Shred-Day 9 & my weekend wrap-up

I am going to start by saying that I have a flip flop addiction!! I live in flip-flops (except for work & certain functions) most of the year. I probably own at least 30 pairs and counting! I tell you this so you can understand what I did Saturday morning.

So, on Saturday I got up very early. It wasn't to run or exercise, though, but to shop! Old Navy was opening at 7:00am because they were having their $1.00 flip flop sale. So, my mom and I went and stood in line--we got there 15 minutes before the store opened. We were part of the first group to be let in the store to shop. I went last year and it was a madhouse!! Sure, I got there after the store opened but people were crazy!!

This year they only let a certain amount of people in and everyone was nice and friendly and helpful (and I'm talking about the customers!!). We each got 5 pairs (the max allowed each person) and were in & out within 15 minutes! I will add that my mom went back later in the day and they had lifted the limit and people could buy as many as they wanted. I'm getting a few more since my mom got the wrong size for my sister and since they were only $1.00 she didn't want to return them. They are the size I wear (my sister wears 1 size up) so I'm excited for my "score"!! Below are the 5 I chose:




After that we walked over to Panera and had breakfast. I had looked up their menu last night to figure out what I was going to order. I normally order a cinnamon roll and hot cocoa but I am trying to make better choices so I ended up with a blueberry bagel with butter (their butter pats were about a tsp each) and hot tea.

My mom and I had a nice relaxing breakfast and then drove across town to the local farmers market. They just started it up for the summer season this month and not all of the vendors are out yet so it didn't take very long to wander through. One of the stands sells homemade tamales which I have enjoyed over the many years of the market. My mom had never been so I took her over and we ordered one for each of us and she ordered one for my dad. I had it later for lunch, and was as delicious as ever!!

After watching the SFGiants game I did something I never do......take a nap! I guess I was tired!! haha When I woke up I did a little housework and then did Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred--Day 8. I was still a little tired and really didn't want to do it, but I followed through and am glad I did! It was a great workout and felt a lot better after I was done.

Today, however, was a day to hang around the house. I wish I could say I accomplished a lot....but I'd be lying! I woke up late, but got at least 7 hours of sleep so it's all good. That's the most sleep I've gotten in a long, long time. Lately I've only slept for 4-5 hours a night....I really don't know how I've been functioning!?

This afternoon I watched the SFGiants get beat by the Oakland A's--yet again!! It's terrible when the starting pitchers are doing so well but the bullpen and the offense can't help them out. I'm one frustrated Giants fan!!

I got some more of my housework done today...and will do the rest tonight. On top of that I have been slowly doing my spring cleaning. Still need to go through my magazines. It takes me forever to get rid of them! I'm trying to figure out a way to keep my favorites without it becoming a problem (ie hoarding).

I completed Day 9 of the 30 Day Shred late this afternoon. I can really see the vast improvement since day 1. I did all of the push-ups cleanly (yes, using my knees) and tried to do the rest of the workout following the "advanced" trainer. The only part of the workout I still found a little hard to get through were the arm raises w/weights in the last group of exercises.

Even when I was thinner and exercised more often my arms were always very weak. This is frustrating for me now, but I'm determined never to have weak arms again!!

Today for lunch I had a turkey burger and Summer squash medley ( from one of Suzanne Somers cookbooks). I made the burgers and squash the other day and portioned it out for several meals.



The Summer Squash Medley consists of 2 each of patty pan squash, crookneck squash, and zucchini chopped into half-moon slices. After heating pan, saute the squash with olive oil for about 5-8 minutes, or until tender. While it cooks sprinkle with dill, salt, pepper, and lemon juice. You can find it in the book Suzanne Somers' Eat Great, Lose Weight.

I have all but one of Suzanne Somers' cookbooks and use many of her recipes. I saw her on TV back in 2003 promoting her third book: Suzanne Somers' Eat, Cheat and Melt the Fat Away and went right out and bought it. Since then I have added her books to my collection and have always enjoyed trying out the new recipes. Sometimes I do adapt them to what I have in the kitchen at the time, but I have never been disappointed!!

Well, tonight I am eating whole grain pasta w/fresh grated Parmesan cheese and broccoli. (no picture, sorry)

Celebrity Apprentice is on now and it's the season finale. It's Bret Michael's and Holly Robinson Peete. I like both, but I really hope Bret Michael's wins. He's been my favorite since the first episode. Glad he made it to the finals and glad he's healthy enough to make it to the live show tonight!! I'm not into diet drinks but I think I'll try Bret's diet Snapple drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment