Friday, May 21, 2010

30 Day Shred and running

Every day this week the weather has been different and I feel like I am back in Colorado where you can really experience all 4 seasons in one day!! Mother Nature: this is Northern California where it is supposed to be springtime and almost summer. The weather is usually getting warmer this time of year--not colder! So, I would appreciate it if you could bring on the warmer weather. Thanks!!

Okay, so I didn't post yesterdays workout so here it is: I did the 30 Day Shred late late last night. It was Day 6 and was, by far, the best workout since I started this routine. I see so much improvement since Day 1, especially with the push-ups, all arm exercises, and the cardio.

I am so proud of myself to have gotten this far! I'm sure you're thinking, uh, it's only been 6 days Tina, what's so great about that? Well, prior to my committing to improve my life I would have done this routine a couple of times, thought it was too hard and then made excuses as to why I didn't have time, and than would have just stopped doing it. So, to have completed this routine 6 straight days (okay, I did miss 1 workout--but got right back on track!) is an accomplishment in and of itself!

Besides doing this routine I am still running. I haven't been this active in years!! Truthfully I have been slacking on my running routine, but have re-evaluated and am getting back on course. Which brings up today's run.

Well, I am getting bored with the route I have been running so I decided to try a route I haven't run in about 4 years. I mapped it out at 3.6 miles. This afternoon I got myself ready and ran this new route. The temperature was 64*F, humidity 46% and 18 mph winds. It was sprinkling earlier so I dressed accordingly. I wore long pants, a long sleeved 100% cotton shirt and my gray nylon hoodie.

The run was great and I felt fabulous throughout. My schedule this week is run 2 minutes/walk 2 minutes X 9. I knew it would be more than 9 reps since I was going to run 3.6 miles. When I was done I stopped the timer on my watch and saw that I had only done 8 full reps plus 36 seconds. I knew something was wrong, so when I got home I went back and re-mapped this route and found out I completely miscalculated it. The correct mileage for this route is: 2.46 miles, and not 3.6! Wow, big difference.

I am so disappointed that I didn't run as far as I was expecting. The funny thing is that towards the end I was going to run a little extra, but didn't. I wish I would have since it would have ended up being about 3 miles total. Oh, well...you live and learn, right?? Also, I have to make note that the last rep of the 2 minutes walking....about 1.25 minutes of that I actually ran.

I still have the 30 Day Shred to do later tonight. I am getting ready to eat dinner and watch the San Francisco Giants game. Then it's The Shred workout! I will post that workout tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment